Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maggiequeen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Noise and vibration after flushing the toilet
    Sometimes when we flush the toilet we hear a loud noise and vibration in a few of the pipes. What is this and how can we fix it?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 9, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Please describe the noise. Squeel? Whistle ? Roar? Rumble? Chatter? Ballcocks can make lots of different sounds. Pick out the one it makes. Regards, Tom
    maggiequeen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 04:15 PM
    The noise is more of a rumble
    payne8404 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by maggiequeen
    Sometimes when we flush the toilet we hear a loud noise and vibration in a few of the pipes. What is this and how can we fix it?
    Yes the noise is like a rumble and you have to keep turning the water on and off to get it to stop.
    payne8404 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by maggiequeen
    the noise is more of a rumble

Yes it is a rumbleand you can hear it all through the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Knocking noise when flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

We've replaced the flapper, and flushing valve approx. a month ago. Ever since when it is flushed there is a loud knocking noise in the water line. Does anyone know what we can do to fix the problem? It's pretty loud. Thanks, in advance!

Noise after flushing toilet [ 6 Answers ]

Few months ago we've noticed that after flushing the toilet and after the tank feels with water, we hear a rumbling noise in the pipes for few seconds. Then the noise disappeared for few weeks and now it's back every time we flush the toilet. Any suggestions on what should be done to fix this...

Loud noise when flushing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

There is a loud noise when I flush my toilet. I have learned that turning on the bath water causes the loud noise to not occur, or to stop mid noise. The noise seems to getting louder and longer with time. I appreciate any assistance troubleshooting this problem.

Noise when flushing toilet and when running water [ 1 Answers ]

I have humming noise (seems to be getting louder) when I flush the toilet and when I run water into the bath and into the kitchen sink. I read a reply to a similar problem about looking at the regulator.. What is a regulator? Many thanks!

Noise in bathtub when flushing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

For the past five flushes, when I flush my toilet, I hear noises coming from my bathtup drain. The bathtup is next to the toilet. It sounds like water is being drained from the bathtub pipe. What would cause this?

View more questions Search