Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gpstiles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Wiggly bathroom faucet base
    It seems nothing ever goes right!

My husband and I bought a vanity/ sink and a faucet to go with it. After installing everything the faucet has some play in it. All pieces are put together correctly, but the design seems to be a bit faulty. Are there any tricks we can try to help stabilize the base of the faucet? It doesn't wiggle very much, only a bit, but enough to bug us.

Also we have a very small leak from the pipes below. Everything has been tightened and retightened, HELP!

I am trying to help fix this problem before my husband goes nuts!

Thank you!
    :)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 1, 2007, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gpstiles
    It seems nothing ever goes right!

My husband and I bought a vanity/ sink and a faucet to go with it. After installing everything the faucet has some play in it. All pieces are put together correctly, but the design seems to be a bit faulty. Are there any tricks we can try to help stabilize the base of the faucet? It doesn't wiggle very much, only a bit, but enough to bug us.

Also we have a very small leak from the pipes below. Everything has been tightened and retightened, HELP!

I am trying to help fix this problem before my husband goes nuts!

Thank you!
    :)
    Use a basin wrench,(see image) to tighten the nuts that secure the faucet.
    What joint's leaking? Threaded or compression? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom faucet [ 6 Answers ]

I would like some advice for choosing a bathroom faucet. I'm a very practical guy. Looks are not important to me. Rather I want something that lasts, is easy for the plumber to repair or fix or work on. I want something that has a good warranty, etc. Can anyone recommend a brand or model that...

Drip when bathroom faucet is turned on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem that has me confused. When I turn on the hot water handle on my bathroom sink faucet I hear a dripping sound. I have investigate the hose from the faucet to the valve and found no moisture. I have also checked the valve up to the wall and see no moisture. No wetness on the...

Help w/ Leak - Peerless bathroom faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Peerless bathroom sink faucet. It is a two-handled faucet. The faucet is leaking, and the water feels cold, so I'm getting it relates to the cold water faucet. I removed the handle and pulled out the cartridge, but the bottom of the cartridge is flat. There is a rubber washer embedded in...

Bathroom faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I didn't have hot water coming through the bathroom sink faucet but through the shower it was fine. I adjusted the water valve under the sink and the water came flowing out now it won't stop when I turn the know on the faucet to the off position. Is it a seal or do I need to have the whole faucet...

Replacing bathroom faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced my bathroom faucet but can't get the water supply line to stop leaking on the hot water side. It's a copper pipe and the cold water side hooked back up with no problems. Please help.

View more questions Search