Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    almuntazar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2006, 04:40 PM
    Laptop Keyboard problem
    My laptop keyboard got jammed. I am sure there is a key or set of keys to press to release the jam because I can recall I had a problem with my old laptop some 2 years ago which was sorted thus. The present problem is with the new dell laptop three weeks old. Can somebody help.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2006, 04:47 PM
    Awesome tune, that's Macy Gray, called I Cry.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 26, 2006, 07:52 AM
    Sounds like you have a stuck key.
    There are a couple of ways to clear this.
    The first to try is a simple case of running your finger along ALL the keys and ensureing that they all move.
    Another thing to try is blowing all the rubbish out of your keyboard with some canned air, easily available form most computer shops.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 26, 2006, 08:41 AM
    Can you define what you mean by a jam more completely. Generally when something is jammed, its physically stuck. Nothing software can do with that. In that case Ben's answer is helpful.

If, however, its stuck where what you press produces a different result (like all caps), that may be fixable with a key combination. So a fuller explanation will help us help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I unlock my laptop keyboard - it types the wrong thing! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, My Sony Viao laptop has some weird setting where you can change the keyboard letters to type numbers or symbols. I have no idea how I made this turn on and cannot figure out how to turn it off. Currently, if I type the letter "U" for example, the screen displays a 4. HELP!

Laptop monitor problem [ 3 Answers ]

I had a cup with about 1/4 cup of soda in it on the night stand my my laptop was on the bed. My cat tried to get on the night stand and dropped the glass right on my laptop. It was closed so it just hit the back of the monitor. THE COMPUTER WORKS... so I know it is okay... the monitor is having...

Servere Keyboard problem! Please help [ 6 Answers ]

I have a labtec keyobard. And I get an annoying on screen display every time I click on my lock keys, CAPS LOCK,SCROLL LOCK,NUM LOCK. The problem is a little grey box with displays above my taskbar each time I click on one of my lock keys, any idea?

PS/2 keyboard problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older 700mhz Duron box that Im trying to fix up for a family member. I did an fdisk and formatted the drive for a fresh Windows 98 install. Im booting to a Win98 startup disk and choosing to install from CD. The keyboard works fine for all of this... but as soon as Windows comes to...

Laptop Monitor problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I own a Dell laptop; LATITUDE. The O/S is Win 98. I am having some instabilty with the monitor. I get these green and red bands of color vertically on the screen, flashing and making it difficult to read web pages, word docs... etc. Can this be fixed or do I need a new laptop? ...

View more questions Search