Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kane01 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2004, 05:27 PM
    Computer freeze
    Am using win xp, when I open start menu on my desktop and then for e.g. programs-accessories- system tools, or any other program comp freezes up,can only access task manager by using ctrl alt del,which shows nothing happening, moving cursor over this window brings up egg timer icon, then have to switch off and start again. Really grateful in advance for any help!
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Dec 12, 2004, 03:26 AM
    Try booting off the Windows-XP CD, and choose the option to 'repair' a Win-XP installation.
    kane01 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2004, 05:28 AM
    Comp freeze
    Thanks for replying urmod4u,unfortunately xp came already installed on comp,only got recovery c.d.
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Dec 12, 2004, 05:49 AM
    That recovery CD may do the job, although it also could just wipe out the HD and restore the HD to factory. Did you try it?
    Otherwise, I don't think that there are legal objections in borrowing a friend's WIN-XP CD to repair your installation - you *do* have a licence for your computer after all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anti freeze leak [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 99' chrysler lhs leaking anti-freeze. Its not a slow leak, I am constantly adding more around once every other week. I can't figure it out where it is going. No puddles or spots, not in the oil, it's just disapearing. I have high miles (151k) and I am fearing the worst. Is it leaking into...

HP Freeze [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having trouble with my computer freezing up after 10 min. running. I did a system recovery, but did not help. The problrm began when I was up and running online and I moved the computer an inch or two to hook up speakers to the back. The only way I can shut it off is to hold the start...

Sound Clips "Freeze" Computer [ 13 Answers ]

Often when I play a sound clip off the web, the computer completely freezes up. I can't be restarted or even shut down properly. I have to manually turn off the power and then it takes extra time to "scan" when I turn it back on again. This happens at different sites (like Amazon and Tower),...

My Win Me freeze during start [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my computer freezes when I start my computer. When I open my computer it gives choices such as run windows in NORMAL, SAFE MODE... but when I do in any, it just hangs, with the win screen but no start bar and no shortcut. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me, please.

View more questions Search