Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wavysjunque Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2014, 02:32 PM
    Why does my toilet let out an air bubble when flushed?
    Both of the bathroom toilets let out an air bubble when flushed and the water sometimes splashes outside the rim. I air bubble is rather large. But they do flush.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2014, 04:05 PM
    Clogged vent line or partial downstream blockage. As the water flows down, the line can't vent and the air is venting back through the toilet.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 11, 2014, 06:04 AM
    This indicates a partial blockage. You have several options.
    1- You can pull the toilet and snake from there **or**
    2- Snake from the lavatory roof vent. Put out enough snake to reach the base and 15 more feet. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Large air bubble (belch) in tank when flushed [ 1 Answers ]

This startwd a few weeks ago and it seems to have gotten a little worse. It "belches" 2 or 3 good times and this slows down the flushing in the bowl. I do have a septic system and was wondering if that could be part of the problem.

What would cause a toilet to bubble when flushed with a septic system? [ 2 Answers ]

Water seeps from around the base of the toilet and we have had the seal replaced twice. When flushed it always bubbles, gurgles, slightly all the time. Our system is septic and this is the first time we have had this type system.

Air exploads out when toilet flushed [ 7 Answers ]

Our old toilet would not fill up the bowl after flush. Had to pour water into bowl to keep water from exploding out when flushed. Housed out air pipe on roof. No help. Purchesed a new fast flush toiled and it is doing the same thing. Poured about 4 gallons of water down toilet 5 times. Flushed...

What causes of large bubble when toilet flushed [ 2 Answers ]

When I flush my upstairs toilet, which is located directly behind the other toilet (which is an identical toilet & works fine), separated only by wall, a large bubble of air erupts from the drain hole of the toilet and then the toilet proceeds to flush very poorly. I have tried dumping a 5 gallon...

Toilet burps BIG BUBBLE when flushed! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, The upstairs toilet was not flushing properly so I called a repair man. I was not here when he came, but I talked to him on the phone. The repair receipt said it was a clogged primary jet, which I am assuming is the large hole at the base of the bowl inside where the liquids, etc. flush out....

View more questions Search