Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bassethound3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 08:05 AM
    Early 401K withdrawel
    [F]
    Can you close out your 401K even if you are still employed? I am fortunate to have not lost my job, but we work on a "production bonus" and have not been running for several months now. I am making less than 10.00 an hour and have gotten behind on basically every bill. I have plenty in my 401K, but don't want to do a loan because I can't afford for anymore to come out of my paycheck. Is it possible to close it out? I am 38 years old.

Thanks for your help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 14, 2009, 08:15 AM

Not without extreme penalties that would make it not worthwile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maryland Tax % on 401K withdrawel [ 4 Answers ]

The company I used to work for is closing down, I have some money in a 401k I want payment directly to me, how much tax% should I allow for Maryland Tax? My Federal is 20% according to form.

Early withdrawel from 401 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to withdraw all of my 401 retirement, I currently still work for this company. They told me I could withdraw my money unless I leave they company or until retirement age ( which I am not) How do I get my money, why I need it is none of their business but I should be able to get...

Early 401k Withdrawel [ 1 Answers ]

I would like a total distribution of my 401k. I am still employed and under the age of 59 1/2. Merrill Lynch is trying to tell me I am not eligible, therefore refusing to give me my own money. I understand the 10% penalty, fine. Reasons I seek to cash out are not relevant. I just want my...

Claim married or single On 401k withdrawel? [ 3 Answers ]

I just withdrew funds from my 401k to pay off medical bills I have. If I don't pay them I am going to have to go to court(would like to avoid). My question is this... I am single now and my tax bracket is like27%... I am getting married in July.. So if I wait to pay all me taxes and penalties...

About Early withdrawel on 401k [ 1 Answers ]

What is the penality for early withdrawel for first time home buyers, I was penalised 30% 20 for early & 10% for taxes I this correct

View more questions Search