Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stilllearning1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 09:39 AM
    My refridgerated air conditioner is not cooling, why?
    My refriderated air conditioner is not cooling, why?
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Sep 10, 2008, 11:01 AM
    We need a LOT more information. Is this a refrigerator or house AC system? What is the room temp? What is the tstat set temp? Is it a heat pump or what type of system? New install or new problem on old system? Anything else you can add?
    stilllearning1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 12:43 PM
    It is a refigerator air unit for a house. The room temp was set at 60 degrees but after I reset it it went back up. I don't know what the tstat is set at. I am not sure what type of system it is, all I know it is the central cooling/heating system for the house. I believe it is a new install. I recently purchased the house and it was already there. The thing that is wrong with it is the fan is not rotating and the air is not cooling. I hope this is helpful.
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Sep 10, 2008, 06:07 PM
    There is a switch on the thermostat (tstat for short) which is labeled COOL/OFF/HEAT. It must be set to cool. There is a fan switch labeled AUTO/ON. If you turn it to ON the fan should run no matter what the other settings. If it doesn't run, something deeper is wrong. If that's the case, I'm sorry, but you will have to call a repairman in. There just isn't enough information to help you any farther. If you can find out who installed the system or the last company that serviced it, I would recommend starting there. Also, do you have any kind of warranty when you purchased the house? Normally if something doesn't work when you get the house the seller is responsible to repair it. Unless you bought it "as is".

EPM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioner not cooling 1989 nissan truck [ 5 Answers ]

Posted last night but doesn't show today. I have to add a can of r12 every 2-3 years so wasn't surprised when ac quit cooling. Added a can, didn't check site glass. Very little improvement. Added 2nd looked at site glass saw a little streak of bubbles that quickly disappeared. AC got cool...

Air Conditioner Not Cooling [ 20 Answers ]

My air conditioner hasn't been cooling and I have had it on 70 degrees for the last 2 1/2 days hoping that it might cool down. Well it hasn't. It has been 80 degrees in here for the last two days. I called the maintenance man who works for my apartment complex and he looked at it and said there...

Air Conditioner Not Dehumidifying but Cooling [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Our air conditioner cools, but does not seem to be able to remove much moisture. Yesterday, our the compressor stopped working and the fan inside the house did not stop. An air conditioner repair man came and found a bad connection on the compressor outside and found that a circuit board...

Central air conditioner not cooling properly [ 3 Answers ]

I have a single wide moble home with an addition, it has 100 amp service. I had a two and a half ton air conditioner and heat pump installed a few years ago. It has never cooled my home and I have had a numer of service people check it and they either add freon or take it out saying there is too...

Mobile home cooling unit not cooling [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a couple of mobile homes for rental properties. When we hade them inspected they said everything was in working order. When we moved in a tenet the first thing they complained about was that the a/c was not cooling during the day, but at night it was fine. We sent out a...

View more questions Search