Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LisaFL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Old glue on floor from stick-on tiles
    Hi!

I removed the old damaged stick-on tiles from my bathroom floor, and the floor is terrazzo. I do understand that this kind of floor is porous so there is going to be some difficulty in getting it clean. The glue surface left behind is rough, gritty and is holding a lot of dirt. It looks awful! What is the best way for me to remove this residue and get it clean?

Any help is very much appreciated! :)
    n808 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2006, 01:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaFL
    Hi!

I removed the old damaged stick-on tiles from my bathroom floor, and the floor is terrazzo. I do understand that this kind of floor is porous so there is going to be some difficulty in getting it clean. The glue surface left behind is rough, gritty and is holding a lot of dirt. It looks awful! What is the best way for me to remove this residue and get it clean?

Any help is very much appreciated! :)
    Goo B Gone to clean afterward. I would try a Scraper. Its around a 20 inches long, metal, and you fix a huge razor on one end.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 26, 2006, 08:23 PM
    Whew! Good luck. I had this happen once, I finally just put a new floor overtop of the old adhesive. After two weeks of chemicals, scraping, sanding, rubbing, the whole nine yard, I had about one square yard done. Still had a whole room to go.

I just gave up and put a new floor overtop of the adhesive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing old tiles from cement floor [ 13 Answers ]

Anybody have a secret for removing the black adhesive left on a cement floor after removing old vinyl tiles? Maybe I should be asking whether I actually need to remove the adhesive. Right now the plan is to use 12" ceramic tiles for the new floor. In fact, now that I think about it I'm...

Peel and stick vinyl tiles [ 4 Answers ]

Looking to use these in my kitchen because I can't get the same pattern on a roll of vinyl.Now I have never used these before and have a couple questions.I know they come with glue on the backs but how good is it.Does it hold for a short time but then they come loose.See wondering if I should add...

Glue on hardwood floor [ 5 Answers ]

Just ripped up the carpet and found maple hardwood floors underneath, on one part there is a stretch where it was glued. Does anyone the best producted to use to remove it? Or is sanding my only option? Thanks.

Painting over black glue [ 1 Answers ]

I have removed very old vinyl tiles in basement and would like to paint over the black glue which is hard and shiny.

Floor Tiles [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My home is over 5 years old and I would like to install floor tiles, so, my question is, what do I have to do to the old concrete floor before I install the tiles. Thank you, Rhondine

View more questions Search