Ask
    Joggs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 11:06 AM

Cite your sources!
    Right?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2010, 11:27 AM

You can check my facts . According to his bios his father wasn't even that good a Muslim. He allegedly lost faith and became atheist.

My opinion... I don't think he holds any religious faith too intensely . Like I said... I think his attendance at Trinity was part political opportunism ,and part the parental obligation to raise your children with a moral foundation.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2010, 05:07 AM

He sent NASA Administrator, Ret. General/Astronaut Bolden on tour to raise Muslim esteem (NASA site/Bolden speeches and Al-Jazerra interview)) while muslims kill American military.
    He appointed devout muslims to high level Homeland Security positions (snopes.com: Muslims Appointed to Department of Homeland Security?)

Two well-documented, sourced, vetted, very pro-muslim facts.

Please respond with equally documented Obama Christian Support credentials.

Aug 20, 2010, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase View Post
    He sent NASA Administrator, Ret. General/Astronaut Bolden on tour to raise Muslim esteem (NASA site/Bolden speeches and Al-Jazerra interview)) while muslims kill American military.
    He appointed devout muslims to high level Homeland Security positions (snopes.com: Muslims Appointed to Department of Homeland Security?)

? I support Muslims but I'm not a Muslim. I'm not sure how your comments are an answer to my question.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2010, 05:22 AM

I don't support muslims. I support the American troops fighting against muslims as we speak.
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Aug 20, 2010, 05:29 AM

snopes.com: Who Is Barack Obama?

Obama has appointed Jews & Christians to various posts as well. Maybe he figures devout Muslims might have a better insight? I don't know. But, being a devout Muslim doesn't automatically make someone a Muslim terrorist.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 05:37 AM
    I don't support muslims. I support the American troops fighting against muslims as we speak.
    Hello smear:

And, the Muslims fighting along WITH our soldiers?? What are they? Chopped liver?

Besides, I thought we went into Iraq to LIBERATE the Muslims. How does THAT sit with your anti-Muslim rant? You don't need to answer. There IS no answer to the stuff you're saying.

I WILL say this. I'm a Jew. If you want to know what lead to the holocaust, it was stuff LIKE THIS. I also know that you won't understand what I'm saying. Bigotry is BLIND.

excon

Aug 20, 2010, 05:38 AM
    That's a sad comment.
    So what about the Muslims who are a part of our troops?

But I digress. Unless someone can quote Obama as to what he says his faith is, I guess there's no answer to my question.

I don't want a debate right here right now, I just asked a question.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 06:00 AM
    Kill all the brown people!!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2010, 06:02 AM

Here is an interesting op-ed in a major.. um.. publication during the campaign.

It says that because the President's father was Muslim ,under Muslim law the President is one .For him to declare anything else makes him apostate.
    The New York Times > Log In

The only conclusion one can draw from anything I've read is that the President considers himself Christian .
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Aug 20, 2010, 06:11 AM

Joggs, I am having trouble finding transcripts with actual quotes for some reason. I agree with Tom. Everything I have read points to Obama considering himself Christian. Here is one transcript I found that might help you.

Obama sets record straight on religion - Politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 06:27 AM
    "No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."
    -Article VI, Section 3, United States Constitution
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2010, 06:40 AM

NK . No one is using his religion as a basis to say he's ineligible for the Presidency.

Aug 20, 2010, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    "No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."
    -Article VI, Section 3, United States Constitution
    I know. So what's the point of posting that?

I see only 2-3 posts here that even come close to being attempts to answer my question. Is that how things work here? Did I post in the wrong place?
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 06:44 AM
    I'm just reaffirming that the faith of a president shouldn't even be an issue. He needs not "affirm" his faith to anyone.
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joggs View Post
    Did I post in the wrong place?
    Hello again, Joggs:

No. You just posted an insensitive question. I suspect that you are totally unaware of it, though, and I don't know how to explain it to you.

excon

Aug 20, 2010, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Joggs:

No. You just posted an insensitive question. I suspect that you are totally unaware of it, though, and I don't know how to explain it to you.

excon
    So it's insensitive to wonder and ask? Wow.

Aug 20, 2010, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I'm just reaffirming that the faith of a president shouldn't even be an issue. He needs not "affirm" his faith to anyone.
    I've never suggested that he "need to". I'm mind blown how asking a simple question has brought out so many opinions and comments that have nothing to do with the question.
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 07:02 AM
    You say this:
    I've never suggested that he "need to".
    But your original question for this thread is:
    Can anyone supply a recent quote from the President Obama where he affirms what his faith is as of today?
    Which is it?
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2010, 07:09 AM

Hello again, Joggs:

His religion has been a topic for a long time. You're not the first to ask. One of the first major controversy's about him involved his CHRISTIAN CHURCH, and the Rev. Wright... So, to those who looked, his religion was clear from the get go.

Then came the accusations that he was SECRETLY a Muslim, or that he didn't tell the truth, or that the circumstances surrounding his birth are mysterious... This was done to paint him as someone "other" than us, someone "different", someone "not like you and me". Personally, I don't care if he's a Muslim or not, but the accusations weren't simply about his religion, the accusations were about his AMERICANISM, and his ALLEGIANCE to this country.

Now, you may have asked out of simple curiosity. But, LOTS of people who would ask the same thing, have a political AGENDA in mind. Only YOU know which one you are.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Christian Guy.Muslim Girl [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Peeps, I am currently dating a muslim girl and we cannot take our relationship further due to our different religious beliefs.. what should I do? Does anyone have ideas on how to make this relationship work? I am lost, in the beginning I thought I could make it work, but it seems now that this...

Marriage between Muslim and Christian. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Sir, May I know this question's answer: Is there any restriction to Marry a Christian woman? For example the guy is a muslim and want to marry a christian woman and none of them going to convert, so is it possible for them to get married in Muslim Rules?? Thanks for your support and...

Christian girl marriage to married muslim guy [ 29 Answers ]

Hi There... I need help... I need suggestions... I need advice... I need prayers I'm a christian girl in a relationship with a muslim guy who is already married with a kid. Due to problems in his first marriage, he has been forced to go for a second marriage by his family since many years and he...

View more questions Search