Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lordfezzik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Can I rewire a chandelier with a two-prong plug?
    I recently bought a chandelier that came with a two-prong plug. The store I bought it at told me I can simply cut off the plug, split the wires, strip them and then make the appropriate connections. While this is a reputable store, I am not convinced that this is safe. Please advise.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2007, 06:26 PM
    As long as it came with a two wire plug, you can connect it to a ceiling outlet with two wire. The fixture bar can be grounded thou.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert 4 prong dryer plug to 3 [ 2 Answers ]

My wall outlet is a 4 prong I have a pigtail to change my Sears dryer to a 3 prong but not sure how to properly wire it the 4 plug is red, white, black and green the replacent not color coded

Replace 2-plug GFGI with a 4-plug GFCI? [ 7 Answers ]

I am remodeling my bathroom and my wife wants a 4 plug outlet. She currently uses one for the hair dryer and one to charge her electric toothbrush. The intent is to add a lighted mirror or something else that uses little power. Would it be OK to replace the GFCI with a 4 plug GFCI? I suspect...

Rewire kitchen.. [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry forgot to ask in my earlier post. When I re-wire my, kitchen, (size about 10x10, Florida block house) this is what I have planned. Run my stove line. run 2: 12-2 homeruns for counter outlets. 12-2 for dishwasher 14-2 shared for fridge and garbage disposal. (can I do this?) 12-2...

Three prong dryer element [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend that has a dryer problem. First the breaker was shot. I replaced it. Next the thermoswitch was shot. I replaced it. Now I only get 110 too all three of the dryer connections. I cannot get 240 across these connections. Am I too assume this dryer has two elements since there are...

How to rewire a telephone jack [ 1 Answers ]

Have two lines but only one of them has ADSL. Computer is close to jack connected to line without ADSL. How can this jack be rewired for the line with ADSL? Thanks.

View more questions Search