Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joe U Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 10:21 AM
    Toilet flange slightly canted, not level with finished floor
    Installed PVC closet flange 1/2 inch above concrete floor, allowing for quickset and ceramic tile installation. Due to the drain pipe pitch, the flange is slightly off-level and canted approximately 1/4" above the finished floor level. Will this be a problem for proper leveling and installation of the toilet, or will the wax seal compensate? Only other alternative is to bust out concrete sub-floor and re-do the rough-in. Any advice? Thanks
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 9, 2009, 10:33 AM

Should be OK. Set toilet and see if it sits flat on floor. Wax ring will form to fit.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 9, 2009, 11:41 AM
    Most toilets have a recessed area under the bowl that allows some room to play with. Like Harold said, "Wax ring will form to fit."... ;)

You should be all set.

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing toilet over new hardwood floors - flange is now below floor level [ 2 Answers ]

I have remodeled a bathroom and replaced carpet floors with hardwood. This now puts the toilet flange below the floor level. Is there a thicker or additional flange to bring the connection (with the toilet) level up 1/2 to 3/4 inches?

Concrete slab:Toilet flange below floor level [ 4 Answers ]

I am Installing a hardwood floor on a concrete slab. In order for that type of installation I will need to build up the sub-floor with 1/4 plywood alone with 3/4 hardwood floor. I am installing this in the bathroom. The flange of for the toilet will be about an 1" below the floor level. How do I...

Toilet floor flange is now level with new subfloor [ 6 Answers ]

If we subfloor our bathroom with 1/4 inch it will make the toilet flange level with the subfloor. Should we be removing the flange and raising it with the floor?

Toilet flange above floor level [ 56 Answers ]

I've seen plenty about the opposite problem - maybe this is something less common: my toilet flange is above the anticipated floor level. I recently removed old tile from the bathroom floor, planning to install new tile. In so doing, I discovered that the old tile was set on about 3 inches of...

Toilet flange below the floor level- URGENT [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I just quickly reviewed all postings here trying to see if I can find an anwer to my question, but some things are too difficult for me to understand, as I am not familiar with the whole subject. I hired a plumber to install a new toilet in half a bath in the basement. The old toilet...

View more questions Search