Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tycho7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 01:51 PM
    System recovery disks have errors.
    Working on a Presario S4500nx. Had a couple (12) Trojans that multiple anti viruses would not remove. Repartitioned the drive, re formatted the drive and inserted the recovery cds. 12 hours, (and multiple unable to recover file from disk errors), I have completed the recovery. When to boot the system and Windows Xp will not load. Says missing or corrupt hal.dll file. I replace it from a windows xp installation disk and get the same error. Try to replace the file from the recovery cds and continue to get a unable to recover file errors, but not on this file. Suggestions?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 4, 2009, 01:53 PM

Does your system have a Recovery Partition or did you blow that out with the repartition?

If its still there try booting to it and running recovery from it.
    Tycho7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 06:24 PM
    No recovery partition was present, it was recreated during the installation. When I go to redo the recovery from the partition I get missing file errors and can only continue from the cds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

System Recovery and Applications Disks [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have Sony VAIO with the Me OS. It's about 5 years old. I've restored with both System Recovery Disks. The computer then asked for the Applications Recovery Disk. I put it in the correct drive -- the computer refuses to read it. What next? Bill

Hp recovery disks [ 2 Answers ]

How do you use the hp recovery disks. I put in no.1, but nothing happens.

Recovery disks [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sirs: Is it possible to buy or get recovery disks for my midwest micro computer that is 9 or 10 yrs. Old. I replaced the battery, but it didn't help. The computer is asking me to put in a start up disk that I don't have. We always used the computer just for games and never had it hooked up...

View more questions Search