Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lornewt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Will I be sent official notice of judgement or lien against property ?
    After being married 27 years , my husband walked out on me 1 year ago . I have managed to pay my mortgage and utilities but that was about it . I let 3 credit cards go and they have been turned over to collection agencies . I have now put my home up for sell but am afraid there might be a judgement which may hold up sell of house . I was threatened ( by a nasty letter ) about a judgement can be posted against me .
    Will I be notified if a judgement is placed against me or against my property ?

Any opinions or answers are greatly appreciated!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 29, 2008, 06:51 AM
    To get a judgement, they have to file suit in a court. This means you would have to sent a summons about the suit. You could then try to fight it. If you don't respond to the summons they get a default judgement. Once they get the judgement, you would not be given prior notification of having your wages garnished, bank account attached or property liened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Notification if a judgement lien is reissued in Michigan [ 24 Answers ]

I had a judgement lien that expired in November 2007. I'm trying to buy a house but the lien is still showing. Wouldn't I have been notified if the lien was reissued? I don't live in Michigan at this time, but they know how to get in touch with me. What is up with this?

Property Lien [ 1 Answers ]

I recently won a judgment in court and I placed a lien on the defendant’s property. I wanted to know even though I have placed a lien could I still get an order from the court to debt the defendants accounts. Or is there something else that I can do, Thanks

Texas - CC Judgement Can They Put Judgement Against Husband's Property only his name [ 1 Answers ]

Have been sent a summons and contacted attorney. While discussing lump sum settlement they hung up and said they would see me in court. I have tried to call back with no response. Can the judgement in court be put against property that is only in my husbands name?

Judgement not listed as lien [ 3 Answers ]

We are currently wanting to sell our house, we have a judgement on our credit rating, this judgement is currently under appeal and awaiting hearing. The judgement has never been registered as a lien against our home, or any property that we own, the mortgage broker we applied with has told us the...

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

View more questions Search