Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harry_sandha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 02:14 AM
    Need to Reboot My Laptop
    Hi.

I had AVG antivirus before. I did uninstall it before I downloaded 30 days trial Norton Antivirus. Now I am trying to download Kespersky Antivirus which you get free of cost if you are with Barclay or SBC Banking Services. I did download this software but I could not install it because my system says there is a file of previous AVG 8 Antivirus which needs to be removed because both antivirus softwares are not compatible to each other. I tried to find AVG 8 file but there is none in my system. My system says you need to reboot the system because when you uninstall any programme there could be some files left in system. What should I do? Please guide me?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 02:43 AM

Hi, harry_sandha!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just cleaned-up and moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

It's also best to not be using chat room acronyms here if you want to be understood the best. This site operates on an international basis, and the person who might be able to answer your question the best might be from a country where they might not understand what you're saying if you use chat speak.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Now, the thing that you do is to be patient for the best person to come along, eventually, to address the issue about which you've inquired.

Thanks!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2009, 12:00 PM

This will solve your problem

Kis 2009 wont install says AVG Installed - Kaspersky Lab Forum
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 26, 2009, 12:05 PM

By the way to Reboot just means to power off and back on again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

How Do I Reboot My Laptop? [ 8 Answers ]

I Forgot my password for my laptop And I duno how to clear it all to get back onit :( SUM HELP

Laptop Reboot [ 1 Answers ]

My laptop doesn't start and if it does it shuts down. I misplaced my reboot program. Is there a free but safe program online that can reboot my laptop.

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

View more questions Search