Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2006, 02:41 AM
    It's going to be awkward...
    My long life mate Ames who I have known and been good friends with since I was 3yrs old is getting married in May. I am attending the whole day and DJing for her in the evening. I am really excited apart from a couple of factors.

My ex Friend Kristal who slept with my ex boyfriend behind my back is going to be there, my mates Kel & Chez are not speaking & my mate Ian as a girlfriend called Rachel who hates me (for whatever reason) and am a little dubious.

Ames fiancée did the seating plan and seated us all at the same table. Ames has said she will redo it, but I am feeling rather awkward.

I feel like I am causing problems on Ames special day. I am adult enough to just get on with things an be civil, but I know with Kristal & Rachel it won't be that simple. Kel & Chez will be OK.

Any ideas on what I could do to help the situation before the wedding?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Hi,
    Whatever comes about is not under your control. Just act as though nothing had ever happened. Be courteous and respectful. If anyone else wants to "act up", don't let it be you.
    Any situation is either "good" or "bad"; it's all in how we react to it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2006, 06:59 AM
    Ok first I will assume she invited every one knowing all of this.
    And it is her wedding not yours to worry about.

Next of course no matter what any says to you, don't argue, don't say a smart answer, smile and go on.

If they start getting into something, don't get involved, it is their issue, not yours, don't try to be the UN and interfere, it will only get you involvedand make things worst.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2006, 07:42 AM
    Hello Holly,

You asked your friend if she could change the sitting arrangements. It is in your friends hands now. So if the seating arrangements is not changed. I would just get on with things and be civil. No matter what happens you be the better person. If anybody starts anything do not fuel it. I am sure everything will work out. As you said times are changing and it is time to let go of things. Enjoy the wedding and dance the night away. All smiles.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2006, 02:59 AM
    Cheers everyone. I feel much better about things now. Just t9me to get on with things and muddle through the best I can. If they cause problems or say anything I will just walk away and not retaliate in any way. At least it won't be on my conscience if anything does happen :)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2006, 06:07 AM
    Hi,
    Good choice! It takes more courage to walk away sometimes, than jump in an add to the chaos.
    If anything happens, it really isn't your problem. Best of luck.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 07:50 AM
    Exactly! And at least it anything does happen everyone will know that I am not to blame. I am not even ging to rise to anything they may have to say to me, not even going to worry about any pathetic eveil looks they may throw my way. My thinking is why should I let it bother me, when I have done nothing wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search