Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blurryhurricane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 02:41 PM
    AccuClean and variable speed
    Hello

I just had a Freedom 80 variable speed furnace installed along with a 14 SEER AC unit and opted for the AccuClean. As soon as the installer left, the red light came on my AccuClean stating that the filter is dirty. It obviously isn't since everything is brand new. I called the installer and he came right back to see what the problem is. He concluded that the AccuClean is fine and it was my variable speed fan that was making it think that the filter was dirty because less air is moving through it. So, in conclusion, he wired the AccuClean to shut off when my fan is at the low speed. I have a UV light installed also but, I can't help but feel like I'm not getting what I paid for. All of these items that I've gotten installed are brand new and from the same company (American Standard). Aren't they supposed to work together seamlessly?

If anyone has any insight or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Yes you have a problem and it is the contractor that needs to do his job correctly. They might need to install a control bypass control on the Accuclean system for it to function properly.

For further info on this call Accuclean or the furnace manufacturer American Standard to see what there cure for this problem is.
    blurryhurricane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Maybe instead of a control bypass control I could get a redundancy filter.

The problem has been fixed. There was a short in the front panel of the AccuClean unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Variable fan will only run on low speed [ 3 Answers ]

We have a Sears air conditioning condensing unit ( model # 867816840) It was working great and then all of a sudden nothing. We have power to the unit, the fan turns on but at a very slow rate. We have power to the contactor, sounds like the compressor runs. The fan motor blade moves freely....

Variable Speed vs. Single Speed Blower [ 1 Answers ]

Questions: Getting 2 new heat pump systems installed. 1.5 ton upstairs and 4 ton downstairs. Decided on Comfortmaker. Heat Load calc performed on sizes. Going 2 stage with variable speed downstairs with Honeywell IQ Pro stat. Was going to go one stage with variable speed upstairs with...

Thermostat: variable speed blower [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a 2-stage, variable speed Amana furnace installed... but they left the original (single-stage) thermostat. I'm now thinking that I'm not getting the advantages from the variable speed blower.. Can anyone suggest a thermostat for my installation?

Replace air handler with variable speed [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if I can replace a standard air handler on a 5 ton system with a variable speed air handler without replacing the outside unit. The electronics on the air handler will be different but does the compressor work full time or not.

Prob. Variable Speed Air handler [ 2 Answers ]

A Trane XL14i heat pump was installed 6/8/05. The variable speed air handler fan only runs at full speed or off, but not slow when demand is low. The dealer's tech has replaced 2 electronic modules, to no avail. He can't seem get expert advice from Trane. I would greatly appreciate any advise to...

View more questions Search