Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LoSt78 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 07:39 AM
    Harassed about ex-husbands debts
    Hello, Im in a bad situation, I'm receiving phone calls & letters stating that I owe them money however It's not me that owes them money it's my ex-husband I separated with him on 2002 when we separated he said he owed nothing like a fool & a trusting person that I am I believed him, I divorced him on 2004 know nothing of him. & know as I said earlier I'm being harassed since we had a couple of things together under both of our names I ask the collection officer why are you bothering me bother him they say that they cannot find him, of course because his now an illegal alien, someone had suggested to me to go to the credit bureau & write them a letter stating that I separated from him & divorce him & that anything that has to do after those times I have nothing to do with it,. so is this correct or should I do something else please someone advice me I will greatly appreciate it.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2006, 08:41 AM
    Speak to a Lawyer asap.
    LoSt78 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 08:52 AM
    Thank You for replying to my problem, I will got to a lawyer & tell them my problem,
    Thank You very much
    coachj Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2010, 05:11 PM

It does depend if you money was kept separate or not. If your accounts were together you might be screwed if you didn't divide debt in the divorce, If he did not obtain the debt until divorce was over, you don't owe anything. Tell them to stop calling you! You have that right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Huge Crush on my Husbands Friend [ 40 Answers ]

Oh my god. First of all, I wasn't sure if this is the right category to post my dilema, but I'm soooo glad I found this website. Anyway I have a major crush on my husbands friend. I can't stop thinking of him. I go to the store hoping to run into him. I know I told myself a million times...

Is my husbands best friend my soulmate? [ 10 Answers ]

I believe in soulmates, I'm a spiritual person. I believe that everything happens for a reason. And with this one, I cannot figure it out. Usually I can, I'm good at this kind of stuff... but this one baffles me. Ok, my husband met this guy through work and became good friends with him. THis guy...

Friend being harassed by neighbor [ 20 Answers ]

I have a friend in my neighborhood who is being harassed by his next door neighbor. He's calling the city on all kinds of violations ( some warranted), he looks into my friends home, spies on his wife, peeks over his fence, and is generally making his life miserable. Has anyone else had a neighbor...

10 husbands, still a virgin [ 6 Answers ]

A lawyer married a woman who had previously divorced 10 husbands. On their wedding night, she told her new husband, "Be gentle, I'm still a virgin." "What?" said the puzzled groom. "How can that be if you were married 10 times?" "Well, husband #1 was a Sales Representative: He kept telling me...

Cats being harassed! [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 cats are related they're mother and daughter, both are spayed also, but I'm having problems with the big male who fathered my eldests kittens, my cats come and go through my kitchen window and for the past few weeks this big male has been following my 2 all ova, wherever they go he turns up....

View more questions Search