Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tulips4all Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 06:20 PM
    Judgement without knowledge
    A judgement has my bank account frozen. Apparently the credit card company sued me after I moved and sent notices to my old address for 4 years. The debt collectors/bottom feeders told me the credit card company sent me a settlement offer in October 2006 to my old address. I never received any paperwork or any thing related to that. Do I go to court to respond to the judgement or do I just pay. I want this nightmare over with but I am disgusted that my bank account can be frozen without my knowledge. This happened in the Bronx, NY. I live in Florida and have for the past four years. Do I have any rights?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 15, 2006, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tulips4all
    A judgement has my bank account frozen. Apparently the credit card company sued me after I moved and sent notices to my old address for 4 years. The debt collectors/bottom feeders told me the credit card company sent me a settlement offer in October 2006 to my old address. I never received any paperwork or any thing related to that. Do I go to court to respond to the judgement or do I just pay. I want this nightmare over with but I am disgusted that my bank account can be frozen without my knowledge. This happened in the Bronx, NY. I live in Florida and have for the past four years. Do I have any rights?
    Might want to seek the advice of an atty, but I cannot understand how 1) the postal service didn't forward the mail to you - certainly you filed a change of addr with the post office ? 2) why you didn't notify the credit card company of your new addr ? 3) how could you fail to remember that you weren't getting a regular invoice/bill ? Anyway, to answer yes, you have rights and that's why I recommended an atty but keep in mind that the credit card company has rights also and that's why your bank account has been frozen. Also why credit credit card interest rates are so high.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2006, 08:06 PM
    The judgement has already been recorded. You can file an appeal to vacate the judgement, but its already in place.

If the debt is valid, then pay it. You owe the money.

This didn't happen totally without your knowledge. Did you forget about the debt? Did you think the creditor would?

See if the creditor will still offer the settlement.
    trimmanfl Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tulips4all
    A great web site that helped me is http://www.budhibbs.com/consumer_news.htm

This all started in 2004 when the George Bush crew let the Credit Card companys make the new Card Laws ! I also live in Florida . I had a company after me from a 2002 debt !
    This site saved my ! www.budhibbs.com Click on consumer news . In Florida they can not take your home . They can put a lien on it for 20 years with huge interst . They can also take every IRS return,lottery winnings,garnish pay checks,etc. for 20 years .

The BIG MISTAKE most people make is this . They avoid the court papers ! I was going to do the same ! They served me while cutting the grass. I found a good LAWYER to take them to court . TOTAL COST WAS $300.00 .

This is what the DEBT BUYERS/SCUM LAWYERS DO ! They buy BILLIONS of debt at 3 cents on the dollar .
    Next they start to dig into your bank,home,job,etc. After they get this info ,They serve you with papers .

95% of the people do not fight it .They let the debt go into a DEFAULT JUDGEMENT ! THEY JUST WON !

THEY DEPEND ON THE DEFAULT JUDGEMENT ! It is hard to fight a default judgement .
    It can be done !

ONE BIG THING I FOUND ! 99% OF THEM DO NOT HAVE THE PAPER WORK TO PROVE WHAT YOU OWE ! THIS IS A HUGE FACT.

The banks sell the amount of debt, Your name and info ,etc.

Sometimes the debt is sold many many times !
    My lawyer said show the papers . They could not produce ! CASE DISMISSED !
    If you need more info . Pm me anytime .

Hope this helps
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2006, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trimmanfl
    If you need more info . Pm me anytime .
    You gave a lot of good info, similar to what others have advised. But I had to comment on the above quote.

One of the purposes of this site is to provide info to people, searching for answers. Many times people find threads that are very similar to their situation and can get the help they need, just by reading the thread. Therefore, most of the regulars here don't help vias PMs. It is preferred that questions and the answers be kept on the public forums so everyone can benefit. Other reasons to do so are because the asker doesn't have to wait for the specific person to see the question, anyone who can help can answer. Also, public posts allow for peer review. If any mistaken advice is given, it can be corrected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asking for knowledge! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi thank you so much that U answered my quseting. So I have other questions hope I get answer to them. 1\ What is the advantage of using a low pressure switch to control Compressor operation? 2\ What should I do to set low pressure swith in order to maintain A cabint...

Increasing knowledge [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Sir / Madam, I would like to enhance my 6 year old daughter's overall knowledge. I send her to the best school in the area, but still I would like her to have more knowledge than she acquires from her school. What should I do? Please help me in this regard.

Someone with legal knowledge, please check this out! [ 4 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?p=64533#post64533 This started as a relationship problem,but there's more to it, please help if you can.. Thanks.

Knowledge repository [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me what a knowledge repository is. Can you tell me what one is and can you give me an example of one. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

View more questions Search