Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edzmedz Posts: 180, Reputation: 12

Oct 12, 2007, 01:20 AM
    How do u create a hyperlink in an email
    I want to make a link in the body of an email , hotmail or Yahoo etc..
    When I write www.etc it doesn't automatically become a link. I want the person who gets the email to be able to simply click on the link and go to the page I want him to c. thanks
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 01:48 AM
    You may have to use the http:// rather than just a straight www. Depending upon the email program. If you are using Windows Live mail, Outlook Express or Outlook you can type something like: Sally's Website then highlight it and click the little 'world' on the taskbar (usually the second last icon). That will open up a box for you to input the actual url of the website.

Some web based email programs don't allow linking due to the dangers of phishing and viruses. In that case, the person on the receiving end can just cut or copy it and paste it into the address bar.

Hope this helps...

Hugs, Didi
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Your e-mails should be sent in html format..
    edzmedz Posts: 180, Reputation: 12

Oct 12, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Thanks. I guess you are right gran some mails just don't permit links because I have tried everything and it was always disabled..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Email Our troops and be email pen pals [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how we can email our women and men serving our country. I think it would be great to have overseas pen pals. To be able to talk to them, and let them know we support them . And give the other people to talk to state side.

Hyperlink problems in Word [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I've got a snag with a document I'm creating; I've created a contents page, all hyperlinked to various headers throughout the document, they work fine - happy days! But I've put an image of a little house at the top of each page ("Home" - Clever eh! ;) ) which is linked to the...

Hyperlink in Excel [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Ask me, Could you please tell me how to create a hyperlink In Excel so that it opens a specific word in a Word Document? Thanks, Cris

View more questions Search