Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chapmm4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 02:42 PM
    What happened to channels past 12?
    I have an old Sears TV, I was flipping channels one night, and all of a sudden every channel past 12 was white noise. I tried re-progamming the channels, manually, and through the TV menu, and nothing. I can press the channel in through the remote, say 51, and it goes to the channel, but still no picture. Everything below 12 works great, clear and like it has always been, I have unhooked, and rehooked up the TV, tried it on different locations, and tried another TV in it's spot, all other tv's work just fine and give me all of my channels, except this one. I have a feeling it's something simple, but I can't seem to figure it out, and it's driving me nuts! Is it the remote? The TV? Please help!:confused:
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 28, 2008, 03:35 PM
    My first suggestion is for you set the TV into "Menu" and verify that the TV is set for Cable and not Air or Off Air.

Then tell the ankle bitters that the TV is your playground, not theirs. :)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Usually the break is at Channel 13(VHF High).
    Didn't say you had Cable or Antenna, Like Donf say, in menu you need to switch to cable if you have Cable or Air, if you have an Antenna.
    When you select Cable, It Converts Channel 14 and above to Cable channels, and Not UHF.
    Since you say 12 and below, I think you have Antenna, or 13 is Scrambled or Filtered.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 06:47 AM
    To all, this information was just received by PM this morning.

Close
    Hello donf,

Thanks a heap for the suggestion, and I think you are correct, the only problem is I can't find on the menu a setting choice for cable or air or off air? I think you are correct for sure, but can't find it on the menu. There is one button on the remote that has me baffled, it's an FCR button, when pressed, I go back to channel 3. still confused. Thanks again for the help!
    chapmm4
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 1, 2008, 06:51 AM
    First, please don't use PMs for follow-up. You should post an answer/reply to the thread.

There is a key piece of info missing here. How do you get your TV signal? Cable, over the air antenna or what?
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Some of the old TV's have a switch on the back near cable input, or under a door on the front of the TV.
    Update, If all was fine while using remote, and it went out during a time of using the remote and not touching TV controls, Then maybe likely accidentally done on the remote?
    Do you have Cable or Antenna?
    Unregistered Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 1, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Hey All!
    First off, sorry about the PM, first time on the website, and still getting used to it! Second, you rock, got it figured out. Went into the menu on my TV and found what I was looking for. It was actually under the Input of the TV, this TV only has 1 TV/Video, not multiple inputs, but I guess with reference to the Cable/Air/Off Air, this must be it. Input 1/2/3. So got it figured out and thanks a heap for all who lent a hand.
    Chapmm4
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 1, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Glad you got it fixed, but please make sure you log into the site before posting a response. If you are asked to type in a random set of characters that means you aren't logged in.
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Did you have UHF or Cable? Should have got channel 13 also, curious?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delay when changing channels on TV [ 1 Answers ]

Have a new Sony 52in LCD. The problem is when changing channels going to HD from analog or vice versa, the delay is 8-9 seconds. My cable company attributes it to the changing format, 480 to 1080 and vice versa. Can you help?

Through which software TV channels mark out a person [ 1 Answers ]

Through which software TV channels mark out a person(with a circle, to ponit out a person) in a moving group of people?:confused:

Cable reception of UHF channels [ 2 Answers ]

I can't get the Oxygen network (here it's channel 67) on my Comcast cable--my TV is a 2004 Sony--what is my problem? Mary

How many kids TV Channels worldwide? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all, Anyone who knows how many kids TV channel in this world? Kids TV channel is the TV channel specify in broadcasting Kids TV program. Many thanks for help.

View more questions Search