Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Immrtal1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Direct labor to manufacturing support.implications?
    Manufacturing costs have shifted from direct labor to manufacturing support. What implication does this have for management accounting?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2007, 11:49 PM
    If I am understanding what you are saying…

You are saying that once upon a time, this company spent the bulk of its manufacturing money on the labour force. Now they have machines so the labour force, what is left of it, spend their time keeping the machines working so the machines can make the goods.

In that case, the cost drive perhaps should be switched from direct labour hours to machine hours.

You want to use a cost driver that better reflects the true cost. Without actual numbers in a case it is all speculative since you can make an argument to still keep it on the labour as the cost driver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

How to calculate Direct labor overhead rate [ 1 Answers ]

How do I calculate Direct labor overhead rate?

Manufacturing overhead [ 1 Answers ]

Company's manufacturing overhead is 20% of it's total conversion cost. If direct labor is $45,000 and direct materials are $53,000, the manufacturing overhead is? How do I figure this?

Manufacturing Business [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I have been hand making a little gizmo I made up and give to friends. I have come to realize that many people would buy this trinket. I believe that I would need a machine to produce these at a rate worth selling at. I have attempted to construct a jig but still cannot make enough to...

View more questions Search