Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    comair9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Working out of state
    I am a resident of Georgia. I am employeed by an airlines in Orlando FL. I commute each week to work. Can I deduct hotel, meals and mileage expenses on my taxes and if so how much?
    IntlTax Posts: 831, Reputation: 23
    Tax Expert

Jan 5, 2007, 07:44 PM
    You cannot deduct hotels, meals, or mileage. These are considered personal expenses. Your tax home is in Orlando. The fact that you live in Georgia is a personal decision. You could move to Orlando and then you would no longer have these duplicate expenses.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 8, 2007, 02:10 PM
    I agree with IntlTax's interpretation.

However, if you maintain a home in Georgia, it is likely that Georgia will ALSO tax your income. The fact that you earned it in Florida is irrelevant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Working out of State and Tax Issues [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a IT consultant working for a company (i.e. I'm just a cog in the Man's machine, not an independent :D ) I'm currently on a long term project in another state. I generally fly in on Monday and fly out on Thursday and work from home on Friday. I get a per diem for food and reimbursed...

Help on state tax [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have posted this question once before, I did not get any response. I am posting it again. I am currently on H1B1 visa. I got my visa on Oct 1 2004. I got married in Feb 05. My wife joined me here on h4 visa. She got admission at Michigan State univ and got her F1 visa in Aug. So now she...

State to state garnishing [ 1 Answers ]

Can the North Carolina Dept. of Revenue legally seize property, garnish wages or bank accounts of a South Carolina resident? Also, all property, wages, and accounts are in South Carolina.

Fed, State and City - NYC living and working [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I’ve just started working in NYC and living in NYC. From some research, I understand I need to pay federal, NY State, and NY City taxes on my gross income after adjusting/deducting the gross income for some exemptions and deductions. Also understand two options under deductions exist –...

Oxidation state [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone.I want to ask something about chemistry. :) Is there a method to determine how many oxidation states that an element can exist?normally those can have more than one oxidation states is from the D-block element,such as copper(+2,+3) and titanium(+1,+2,+3,+4) and so on. :confused: ...

View more questions Search