Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerry69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Central air blower will not shut off
    The air is cold every thing works good but in auto position the blower will not shut off.Its like I have the unit on run but its on auto.Anyone have info on this problem?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 11:00 AM

This problem is common, but it can have various solutions among them are fan limit control, blower relay, thermostat, control board and thermostat wiring.

The most common cause is that the contacts on the blower relay welds shut. Disconnecting the "G" terminal at the furnace, eliminates the wiring and thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat blower works ac blower won't shut off. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am having trouble with my RTH230B Honeywell. I have a Gas furnace and an outdoor ac unit hooked up to a blower and the blower has a heat off cool setting on a switch on it. Our when set on heat everything works as it should. BUT as soon as I turn the blower to cool it turns on and...

Central Heating Unit will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

My wife noticed it getting warm and turned the thermostat down. It was set on heat, 76 degrees, she put it below 60's and the unit kept running. I shut it completely off and it kept running. The only way it shut off was by tripping the breaker. We waited a good hour and when I flipped the breaker...

Heat on central unit will shut down [ 3 Answers ]

Heating syste on central air unit will not shut off t-stat has been replaced. Disconnected power for unit and check relays in system have one relay that is operates fan and another that that routes power to fan really and to heater coil both had continuity until I disconnect power wire coming to...

Central air fan won't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

My central air fan will not shut off. I've replaced the themostat and filter. Still continues to run. I have tried to switch it to cool or heat and neither comes on.

Central Heat won't shut off! [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problems with my central heat not shutting off when the desired temperature is reached. If you go press it down to the next degree it will shut off then. I don't know if I need to replace the thermostat or if it is something more. Please help

View more questions Search