Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianeo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2011, 06:23 AM
    I want to install crown molding, but ceiling and wall do not meet, big space bt them.
    I want to install crown molding in a bedroom, the house is old, 1905, there are ceiling tiles on the ceiling, and they do not go all the way over to the wall. There was somesort of molding up before, so I have uneven gaps between the wall and ceilings. Is there a way to put up a support or something to be able to cover the distance between them before putting up the molding?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2011, 09:26 AM

What is largest distance from edge of ceiling tile to wall? Without know the size of space, hard to say how to finish.

U can do this if space to large for crown molding.

At wall nail or screw in a strip of wood same width as tile.

Nail piece of wood to strip and wide enough to cover edge of tile. Before installing the cover wood round the edge with sander or plane.

This will give u a good mount for crown molding and add to design.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Labor cost to install crown molding [ 3 Answers ]

How much should I charge to install 152ft. Of crown molding in Oregon?

How does crown meet window molding [ 1 Answers ]

I'm putting in crown in my basement and my basement window's are trimed. Do I cut the window trim and put a cheat block and run the crown to it? Looking for ideas on the best way to do this. The basement window is 32x22 and the top of the window meets the ceiling.

How do I install crown molding if the walls and ceiling are concrete ? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I install crown molding if the walls and ceiling are concrete? Any suggestions!

Crown molding on a curved wall [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a way of installing crown made from wood/mdf on a curved wall?

Crown Molding Is Pulling Away from Ceiling [ 4 Answers ]

My two-story home is now 35-years old, I bought it in 1999, had it inspected at that time, inspector said it was structurally sound. The family room had crown molding when I moved in, there were no gaps between molding and ceiling. There were no gaps where moldings joined by mitering, although...

View more questions Search