Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimbak1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 07:15 AM
    Overpaying court ordered arrears/past due amount?
    My arrears order is $52/mo. $82/week is taken from my unemployment check each week. I just received a notice that I am behind because (I'm assuming) an $82 payment was missed due to a one week wait for the federal extension to come through. Is this right? Instead of paying the $52 court ordered past due support amount, I'm paying a minimum of $320 per month out of my Unemployment benefit. Any advise?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2011, 07:22 AM
    If you cannot afford what has bene ordered, go back to Court and request a reduction.

Is that your question?

Why is this an automatic deduction instead of you paying directly?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I terminate parental rights due to non-payment of court ordered child support [ 1 Answers ]

My ex was ordered by the court to pay child support. He has not paid in over three years and he lives in England. Can I rescind his parental rights over this non payment of child support?

As a defendant in court the judge ordered me to return to court to PROVE my innocence [ 2 Answers ]

Am I missing something? Long story short I've been harassed for years with the worst part being called into court by this psycho. The lawyers and judge are "good old boys" and I'm screwed. The icing on the cake was my accuser blaming me because she rear ended someone. In court she stated I must...

What do you do when the court ordered supevisor does not follow court order? [ 8 Answers ]

My children have been having supervised visits every other weekend on sat for one hour. This started in late August. The judge granted supervised visit's for the father every fri night and sat afternoon for one hour each. The father said he only wanted every other weekend to the supervisor, so...

Disable Father due Backpay:Owes Mother Arrears [ 2 Answers ]

My venue is in Union County, New Jersey. I am a disabled person who receives Social Security Disablilty every month for the last 20 plus years. I have a daughter who is collecting from my SSD account. She became disabled when she was a minor. I never married the father who owes me $20,000 in...

Court ordered Mediation vs Court Trial [ 4 Answers ]

Hello again, I'm going into a mediation next month concerning a past credit card debt that I am being sued for. I plan on using the SOL defense as the date of last activity falls past the statute date. Anyhow, I was wondering what the difference between a Court ordered mediation and a normal...

View more questions Search