Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    screwedstepmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 10:51 AM
    HELP! 25 year old step daughter drama!
    She wants to move in my house with her 2 year old son. She is going through a divorce (she cheated on a wonderful man) and she is getting kicked out of her Mothers house. The girl has no respect for me or her father (my husband) and we have had fights in the past where the two of them do not speak for months. She has borrowed money from us and now she wants to move in my house! Im so stressed... Im arguing with my husband (who is clearly torn with this decision). What can we do? He leaves for a military deployment in a month and ill be here with her while he is overseas... AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 8, 2011, 10:57 AM
    If her own mother is kicking her out and you'll be alone with her (and she's not your BFF), set boundaries. You want to say no, so say no. No discussion. If it helps, tell 'em Wondergirl supports you in your decision.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2011, 01:10 PM
    I agree with WG - if, in fact, it's YOUR house then YOU get to make the rules. I have stepchildren. I wouldn't want to think of my step Grandchildren as homeless. It's a hard call.

If she's a problem I would not let her in because getting her out is going to be a worse problem - assuming you're still relatively sane when you want her out.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2011, 03:49 PM
    I would say no no no no no freaking way!

Offer to help baby sit your grand child and watch over him while she works. Help her find work.
    But she doesn't need to move in with you. She is an adult and needs to find her way in the world

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I adopt my 18 year old step daughter? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I adopt my 18 year old step daughter with out the biological fathers consent? My daughter is very keen

How do I adopt my 19 year old step daughter [ 4 Answers ]

I am a step father to a 19 year old girl. I am married to her mother. I would like to adopt her and she wants to be adopted. She is American and has lived here in the UK for 5 years. She hasn't seen her real father since she has lived here, in fact she has only spoken to him on the computed a few...

How to Evict 19 Year Old Step Daughter From Home [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Georgia with my husband and his two grown children (ages 22 and 19) for the last 10 years. The 19 year old is into drugs and drinking and is constantly laying out of work (if she even has a job) and bringing her drug friends into our home when we are not there. There is evidence she...

Adopting 23 year old step daughter [ 3 Answers ]

Can my partner adopt my 23 year old daughter as this is her wish, she has no relationship with her birth father any more my partner and I have lived together with my daughter for 10 years, please help :confused:

View more questions Search