Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2009, 01:47 AM
    Can someone explain this to me?
    Ok so my question is about a girl. We met on a christian dating site quite some time ago and have webcammed before. So we know who each other are and stuff. But I don't know where exactly this stands and what she wants and stuff.

Some more information then:

1. Today, we talked and she called me babe.
    2. She says she loves me more than I love her
    3. She says I am the most generous, caring, selfless and sweet guy she has ever met and she never wants to let go of that

I can't remembe what else she has said to me and once I do I will put it up but now, based on the above limited information, what conclusions can be drawn?

Thanks

Adam
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 02:53 AM

adam, I don't know how she can realize thos qualities about you, as in l 2 and 3. She hasn't met you, so how can show know your personality ? My advice is don't assume anything until you meet her, just take everything at face value for now. You are confused about what she means because you gut reaction is telling you 'what the heck is going on here, I haven't even met her !'.

To answer your question, no conclusion can be drawn because you basically do not know her.

tick
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 08:48 AM

I'm not sure what made her say those things, but you two haven't even met in person. Because everything is done online, you can't take anything too seriously. Proceed with caution and take everything she says with a grain of salt.

Will you two ever get to meet each other?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 10:21 AM

Well, if you've seen each others faces on a webcam, then how can you NOT believe everything you hear about endearing love? (sarcasm intended)

All kidding aside, part of the process of growing up and dating is to learn (eventually) the difference between what is real and what is imagined, between love and attraction, between commitment and wishful interest.

What you have right now with this young lady is at BEST:

imaginary - attracted - interest.

For it it become a permanent, lifelong thing, all three of those have to switch.

At the risk of being simplistic, I will say none of them will change over a webcam.

So your best approach right now... quit being melodramatic over the internet. Enjoy getting to know your internet friend as a friend, resist all those silly youngish-tendencies to imagine more than is real. Enjoy it for what it is.

With that, you'll do fine.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    . Enjoy getting to know your internet friend as a friend, resist all those silly youngish-tendencies to imagine more than is real. Enjoy it for what it is.

With that, you'll do fine.

Truer words have never been spoken and excellent advice at best. I think a few of us have fallen into this pit but it actually means we are searching for something and that something is not to be found on the internet, but we are mature adults and realize at the last minute it isn't a good situation and either make a friend to chat with over the years, like an old fashioned penpal. Maybe meet sometime to laugh over stories if in the same vicinity eventually. That's fun and should be harmless. I have done that and made a lasting friend or two and it was harmless and fun.

Altogether different for youngsters to sort it all through, as you get it from the OP's quandary.

Enjoyed your post, JBeacaire.

Kindest regards,

Ms tickle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need someone to explain this to me [ 2 Answers ]

Lakia Corporation reported the following current-year purchases and sales data for its only product: Date Activities Units Acquired at Cost Units Sold at Retail Jan.1 Beginning Inventory 120 Units @ $6.00 = $720 Jan. 10 Sales 70 Units @ $15 Mar. 7 Purchase 200 Units @ $5.50 = 1,100 Mar. 15...

Could you explain? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, here goes.. I composed an answer here to a question,then I clicked "submit answer" button and it took me to this page. "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." I just did not try again(was not really in the mood to retry posting.Closed only the tab with...

I can't explain this one. [ 1 Answers ]

This is terrific - Cessna's rigorous new water testing for the CJ... YouTube - Jet Airplane Crash In Water "You won't believe what happens"

Could anyone explain? [ 3 Answers ]

When someone sleeps on his/her side,what effect will this have on the person's body? Also when we sleep on our stomach,does this effect our body while we sleep,does it restrict any of our organ functions etc? Another thing I wanted to ask was- When we drink water or other fluids, if we gulp it...

View more questions Search