Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Diydunn11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2012, 09:58 AM
    Installing a ceiling fan with remote to an existing junction box. Need some help.
    The box has three sets of wires: live (red, black, white), wall switch (black, white) and junction (black, white, red). At this moment all whites are connected, two blacks are, an black and red are, and one red wire is free.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I wire a ceiling fan and remote to junction box..? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... fan?light is controlled from a single wall switch. Junction box has red, black and white wires. Diagram with remote designates wires as Black/ Hot and White/Neutral as AC power in... and Red for light kit.. Black for fan... and White common. The fan has a Black, a White, a Black and White,...

How to hang a ceiling fan with no junction box in the ceiling? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to put up a ceiling fan with light kit if there is not an already existing light in the ceiling of the room?

So many wires in junction box when installing ceiling light [ 10 Answers ]

I'm installing a hanging light fixture into an existing junction box (installed 1998) that currently does not have light fixture connected to it. In the box, there are two bare copper wires twisted together, two white wires and a copper wire twisted together, and a red and a black wire twisted...

Installing ceiling fan to existing junction box-wiring? [ 3 Answers ]

I am intalling a ceiling fan with light to an existing junction box that had a chandelier light previously.(old home). I have one switch, and out of the junction box is 1 white, 1 black, 1 copper. The second set is 1 live black, 1 switched red, 1 white. Currently the two black are wire nutted...

Plastic ceiling fan junction box [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought a new home that was pre-wired for ceiling fans. When I went to install the first one, I found an odd looking plastic junction box. It has no threaded holes for the hanger screws. The cover plate was held on by what look like wood screws that had been screwed directly into the box....

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.