Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gpe73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2009, 08:19 PM
    Wiring ceiling fan to existing switch
    I have a wall switch that controls an outlet I'm trying to wire the ceiling fan I installed to this switch its not working out need help
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 2, 2009, 10:32 PM

OK, what have you done so far.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 08:52 PM

How many wires are at the switch, how many are at the outlet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Fan wiring on a 3-way switch HELP! [ 17 Answers ]

I originally had two 48" fluorescent lamps in the kitchen. The ballasts have gone and I've taken this opportunity to put up a ceiling fan. I have two switches. One at each entry to the kitchen. The question is... When the original lighting was removed there were two different sets of wires,...

Installing ceiling fan to existing junction box-wiring? [ 3 Answers ]

I am intalling a ceiling fan with light to an existing junction box that had a chandelier light previously.(old home). I have one switch, and out of the junction box is 1 white, 1 black, 1 copper. The second set is 1 live black, 1 switched red, 1 white. Currently the two black are wire nutted...

Wiring ceiling fan switch and light switch [ 1 Answers ]

I had to replace the flywheel on my Hunter ceiling fan and I had to remove the light kit that was attached. After I installed the flywheel, I forgot to mark the wires for re-connection. This is an older model fan. There are five wires coming from the fan motor--brown, blue, white, black and...

Ceiling Fan Wiring To Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new ceiling fan in a room where the switch previously controlled only an outlet and there was no power directly at the switch, only at the outlet. At the switch box I wired the two white wires together and then wired the black wires, one each, to the screws on the switch. The...

View more questions Search