Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slekhraj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 05:28 AM
    HVAC - All Vents are not giving equal amount of heat
    Why are some vents giving no heat, little heat, and a too much? Is there a way to control the amount per vent?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 11:04 AM

When the system was initially put together, there should be dampers located in the ducts. It might just look like a little lever.
    These were adjuted for proper air balance. The further you are away the colder the air will be for heating and the warmer it will be for cooling. These can be professionally adjusted. Too much restriction will cause damage to the blower motor.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 10:34 PM

Hi, slekhraj!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

I do note that you've already received a very fine response from KeepItSimpleStupid.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nothing is blowing through the vents, ac or heat [ 2 Answers ]

My air was working fine. But I when came home the other day nothing was blowing through the vents. And the pipes to the ac were frozen. All the filters were clean in the furnace and in the ac. We checked all the breakers in the house and shut everything off and turned it on again including the...

Neither heat or air will come out of vents [ 3 Answers ]

Our air conditioner froze up at Saturday and after it all melted I turned the air back on and the fan on the air conditioner unit outside would run but nothing would come out of the vents. I even turned it on heat to see what would happen and still nothing would come out. Would this be caused by...

Not getting heat through any vents [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace, pilot comes on, fan motor works, but not getting heat through any vents at all. Also burning type smell through house when on.

Clicking heat vents [ 1 Answers ]

We have a new house and the heat has just started to come on during the night. The Air vent in our room makes a loud clicking noise as it heats up and cools down. Is there A way to STOP the clicking before we go insane? Thanks!

View more questions Search