Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    backinblack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 06:10 PM
    95 nissan engine jerking @ 3500rpm
    I have a 95 nissan pickup 2 wheel drive, 4 cyl. 2.4 liter. It does not matter what gear you are in when you hit 35oo rpm the engine starts to jerk the truck back and forth. I have change the fuel filter and fuel pump and have given the truck a full tune up. Not sure what to do now.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2006, 06:40 PM
    Test/replace the igniter and coil. Autozone and O'Reilly Auto will test for free. Of the two components, I suspect the igniter is the culprit. Best to get both tested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'99 Nissan Altima - Engine Stalling [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 1999 Nissan Altima. The car is in good shape overall, with 84,000 miles at present, but it has a problem I haven't been able to fix. The engine tends to cut out at odd intervals. When I'm traveling at highway speeds, the engine often "bucks and snorts", like it's either...

88 Nissan Pathfinder engine cuts out [ 6 Answers ]

My 88 pathfinder has 199,000 miles and ran great until one day the engine started loping and the rpms would drop. It gets so bad that I can't accelerate when the pedal is to the floor. I have replaced the cap and rotor, the map sensorand fuel filter. And $1000 later it still does it. Thankful for...

Nissan Altima service engine soon [ 1 Answers ]

To whom it may concerns, My 2003 Altima shows service engine soon few days ago then my car did not start after all. I brought it to a shop, they replaced ECM after pull out code from computer, and now the idle rpm is high and the service engine code keep turn on again, and repair man could not...

Service Engine Soon on Nissan Altima [ 2 Answers ]

Hello- I have a 2001 Nissan Altima GXE and I noticed this past Sunday when I put gas in it, the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. I took it to my mechanic today and the initial test from their electronic machine says it has something to do with the transmission. They can't pin point the...

View more questions Search