Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghosthomes Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Getting a mentor
    I am 26 yrs. Old, I am interested in having someone mentor me in real estate. My interest are in fixing & flipping but doing it through contract for deeds. I mainly need taght in the legal writings and a-z paper work for closing and deed transfers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 03:47 PM
    First you don't try and sell the houses yourself, you use a real estate company and have all of the deeds done by a title company or a real estate attorney. Next you want to do a title search on any property you are going to buy.
    As for the contract, you want to have a local attoreny write up a basic agreement that both you and the seller will agree to. You will find unless you are paying enough down most sellers will not be interested in a contract for deed. They are used more than anything for a seller who does this instead of renting, gets a larger down payment, expecting to take it back and resale it. The main profit in contract for deeds is resaling the same house several times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find a spiritual mentor in my community [ 5 Answers ]

I am a christian. I know what it means to be in the will of God . I also know unfortunately how to be in short of His glory . I am now coming back to the Lord again. Praise God. I am hanging on from a fresh meth condition again. I need someone in my area. I can call on. Can you please direct me to...

View more questions Search