Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mulligal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2012, 04:22 PM
    After a septic back-up then pump, washer can't drain. Machine is fine. Help?
    Should we get the drainfield restored as recommended? We had a septic system overflow badly. There was sewage and water all over the main floor powder room and into the front hall. We had pumped the tank within the year, but called the guys to do it again and evaluate. They said we need a drainage field restoration. Now, the toilets and showers are draining fine, but the washing machine exit pipe is not taking any water-none. It overflows as soon as the machine begins to drain. The machine is fine-I drained into a pan to finish the load. So, should I try to do anything myself? Call a plumber? Wait for the restoration or do you have any other ideas?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Dec 29, 2012, 04:32 PM
    the toilets and showers are draining fine, but the washing machine exit pipe is not taking any water-none
    If toilets are functioning septic system is OK. Problem is blockage in washing machine drain line. Snake washer drain line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weak washing machine drain pump [ 0 Answers ]

I just replaced my Frigidaire HE front loader (in the basement) with a Maytag HE topper. My drain had been going up (~6') to the house's drain system which goes to a cesspool, under the back yard somewhere. The Maytag wouldn't drain up that far, even with a check valve in-line. Just as well,...

Washer drain backed up, I shut the machine off. [ 6 Answers ]

I was able to finish the wash by guarding how much went down the drainpipe. I am on a septic system. This is the first time anything like this has happened. I haven't done a wash since (it happened just yesterday) It has been raining for days-don't know if that has affected anything. I'm not sure...

Water backing up from the drain on the washer machine,drain slow then overflows. [ 1 Answers ]

When water drain from the washer machine it backups and over flows on the floor. I have run a garden hose through the clean out and the water flows through the main pipe OK. Have gone up on the roof and try to run garden hose down through but hose only goes down about 4 feet. Should I try running...

Sump pump and washing machine ran to old septic tank [ 7 Answers ]

Is it acceptable to have a sump pump and/or a washing machine discharge into the old septic system on a 36 year old house,( the house is know on sewers). I realize this would have been acceptable at one time, but the septic tank and drywell are no longer in use.

Washing machine drain pump motor [ 2 Answers ]

At what pumping distance (upward) will the typical pump motor be overstressed?

View more questions Search