Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tangledchutelines Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Kenmore Front Load Washer Model 417.41042000 - No Motor Movement
    I found a troubleshooting guide inside the cabinet that says,

"...set timer to the start of the Regular wash cycle and pull the know out. If the motor does not rotate, check for a poor connection in the timer line switch or door lock switch. If good, and motor does not run go to step 3".

Step 3 then asks me to,

"Remove the six-pin plug from the speed control unit.l Measure the voltage between pins 5 & 6 on the harness. If the meter reads 0 check the connection in the timer line switch or door lock. If the meter reads 120 VAC go to step 4"

Soooo, I measured the voltage between pins 5 & 6 and got 0 VAC... so I removed and disassembled the door lock switch (it snaps apart.) The door lock switch has 2 solenoids in it. One solenoid locks the door AND completes a circuit (turns ON the line switch) giving the unit power IF the door is locked. I checked for continuity when I manually made the contact (as would be the case if the solenoid was actuated) and got continuity across the terminals.

Soooo, I reinstalled the door lock unit and concluded that IF the door is locked then the line switch is activated. Well, the door lock IS activated so I conculde that the door lock switch is NOT defective.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to troubleshoot the timer line switch.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHICH TERMINALS I CAN CHECK CONTINUITY ACROSS TO VERIFY THE PERFORMANCE OF THE TIMER LINE SWITCH?
    fvtluis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Hello

Did you ever find the solution to your issue. I have a very similar problem and I was trying to troubleshout as per the technical spec...

Let me know.
    Thomas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Front Load Washer #417.41042000 won't spin, does drain [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, When I bought my machine, the previous owner offered the following description: It is about 2.5 years old. We had some problems with it spinning the proper speed after moving it. The repair people told us it was due to using too much soap or being imbalanced. Had it repaired a couple...

GE Front Load washer water level pre set [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE Front Load washer (1 month old) WCHV 6260f www, king size, 26 cycle. My question is are there water level setting or how do I access that. If I wash 2 items does the level set automatically, or is there a way to pre select water level. Help!!

Kenmore tumble washer model 417 [ 0 Answers ]

My washer will not drain after the rinse cycle:confused:

Kenmore front load won't do anything [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore front load model 41741142000. It will not do anything. I had a repair guy come out. He used his ohm meter to trace wiring and no problems. Then he got to the door switch and replaced it with one he had on his truck. He determined the problem was the timer. He said I could easily...

View more questions Search