Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tricia22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 09:04 PM
    Lots of problems!!
    The past few days when we flush our toilet it does not always flush, instead it sits there and begins to leak from under the toilet. It only seems to happen if we have recently used the shower though. When it does finally flush there is a loud gurgling noise in my bathroom sink and shower. Also, when I do laundry after the spin cycle is done and the water is drained it will slowly fill up with some of the old water again. Im not sure where to look for a problem because it seems to be a suction problem everywhere! Any ideas?
    marcoawg Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Nov 4, 2006, 11:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tricia22
    The past few days when we flush our toilet it does not always flush, instead it sits there and begins to leak from under the toilet. It only seems to happen if we have recently used the shower though. When it does finally flush there is a loud gurgling noise in my bathroom sink and shower. Also, when I do laundry after the spin cycle is done and the water is drained it will slowly fill up with some of the old water again. Im not sure where to look for a problem because it seems to be a suction problem everywhere! Any ideas?
    If you can find the main drain try using a drain unclogger, the type that connect to a gharden hose. Google "drain king"

I had similar symptoms before, saved a bundle, didn't have to call a plumber. You seem to have several symptoms and one common denomenator... the main drain..
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 5, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tricia22
    Hi Trica,

You have a blockage downstream from the bathroom. What's happening is that when you flush the discharge hits the blockage and sends a bubble of air back up the line. The air bubbling past the water in the traps of the lavatory and shower is what you hear. As the discharge backs up past the wax seal you will see moisture from under the bowl because the wax seal is designed to contain liquid leaving the bowl, not coming back into it.
    The solution is to snake the drain from the lavatory roof vent. Put out enough cable to get to the base and about 25 feet more to get out in the main. Test by cycling the washer or a couple of flushs. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lots O Gas out the Carb (BriggsStratton14OHV) [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Simplicity Regent 5 speed with a BS 14 OHV. I had not used it in several weeks... I put gas in and drove it around the house, then parked it. That night I could smell gas in my house. In the morning, it cranked but would not turn over. I found that all the gas was gone! After adding...

One warranty deed for 2 lots [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to the forum, but I hope someone has an answer to my questions. I bought two lots in Florida and I have one warranty deed for both. Now I want to sell one lot and my broker said that I have to split my warranty deed for each lot. Is it true? Do I have to do it? Thanks in advance

Lots of questions [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you

3 lots, selling 2 of them [ 1 Answers ]

If I own 3 lots and I am selling 2 of them, will I have to pay capital gains taxes on the 2 lots I am selling?

Car is burning lots of gas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Plymouth Neon. My engine light is on and I am noticing that I am burning a lot of gas lately. I have been just going to work same as usual and I am burning an extra quarter tank or so of gas. For instance, usually to and from work I use 1/4 a tank, so 1/2 in two days. Now after 2...

View more questions Search