Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stewieb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 03:01 AM
    How do I change the flush syphon in a close coupled cistern
    Whenever the buttons on top of the cistern are pressed, the cistern makes a noise like a dog barking. Also, every now and again, water continues to syphon after flushing. Never having changed a flush in a close coupled toilet, I was wondering if it is a job best left for the professionals.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 7, 2012, 06:35 AM
    What type of ballcock do you have? Let me know, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Close-coupled toilet flusher unit [ 4 Answers ]

Having recently changed the flusher unit in the toilet system the large donought shaped washer will not make a sufficient seal. I have removed and replaced the washer numerous times, every occasion resulting in a small seapage through the bolt hole. I know its not common practice but what would...

My toilet cistern tank won't flush every time [ 4 Answers ]

When flushing my toilet cistern tank. It will not flush every time, it some times take 3 or more presses of the handle before it will flush.

Can't get syphon flush to work. Very weak flush resulting [ 1 Answers ]

I have replaced a syphon type flush mechanism in a toilet cistern. I fillet up the cistern with water and tried to flush the toilet. I get a very weak flush with a lot of gurgling noises. I can't seem to get a proper syphon effect. Any suggestions as to how I might to get a proper flush? Ball valve...

Toilet Cistern-numerous tries to flush [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I have to crank the flush lever several times before my toilet flushes. A neighbour suggested that the "plastic flap valve" inside te siphon needs replcing. Can anyone confirm if this is the probable cause and if so how would I go about doing this? Any help appreciated. :confused:

View more questions Search