Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smeranto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2011, 05:33 PM
    What benefits will I be able to receive if I'm disabled and have children?
    Im not going to be able to keep working because of excruciating pain from my back. Had surgey 3 yrs ago and went back to work. The past couple of months I have had to become dependent of pain meds and anti inflammatories. Im a school bus driver. What benefits will my family be eligible for? I am the main income.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 6, 2011, 06:04 PM

If your placed on permanantly disabled and you start collecting SSD. Your minor children will be covered by the benefit also.

Benefits for People with Disabilities
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2011, 06:53 PM

But it is not easy always to get the benefits. It is possible you will be unemployed and no able to work for months before you get approved
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2011, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    But it is not easy always to get the benefits. It is possible you will be unemployed and no able to work for months before you get approved
    It may take years for you to be approved. Not everyone is immediately approved right out of the gate. Plus you must be unable to work and deemed so by your doctor. Going back to work may have ended up delaying you from being approved. Have you applied yet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do children receive benefits if their parents is permanently disabled? [ 7 Answers ]

I recently applied for social security disability benefits for a physical problem that will not go away. My doctor urged me to apply, so I am sure I will receive the benefits. I have been doing some reading on the SSA website and it appears that my children might receive money as well. Does...

Do children receive SSI benefits for a disabled parent? [ 29 Answers ]

Do children that have a disabled parent that receives SSI benefits only receive a check themselves if they are under 18 years old? I have heard that if the parent was under a certain poverty level that the children would receive a check also. Is there any truth to this?

Can adults receive ssi benefits from dead parents? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I receive my dead father SSI benefit from the government?

If I'm disabled and on SS and have a child will I lose benefits [ 11 Answers ]

Im mentally disabled. My question is, If my ex was pregnant and it was mine, would Social security strip me of every benefit?

View more questions Search