Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pickypudding101 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 09:05 AM
    Is this a panic attack
    I wake up in the middle of the night with a high heart rate and shaking I'm currently suffering from stress and has recently seen a nurologist to check for growths but the tests she performed said I didn't have one she also told me that an mri or ct scan are not needed she said people who have growths in there head the back of there eye are sometimes swallon is that true also she said my relexses was fine I asked for a ct scan but she said she didn't no what test to perform on me because I wear a brace but at the mintue I'm struggling from really bad aniexty and I'm scared I have a tumour
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 09:11 AM

How old are you, and why do you think you have a tumor?

Apr 4, 2009, 09:16 AM

Im 18 and for the past couple of months I've been getting headaches pins and needles numbess etc and I'm so scared it's a tumor after my appointment with the nurologist last week I thought to myself there's nothing wrong with you but now the shaking has started I'm really worried because no one will let me have an mri or ct scan to rule a tumour out I think I'm going mad
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pickypudding101 View Post
    Im 18 and for the past couple of months ive been getting headaches pins and needles numbess ect and im so scared its a tumor after my appointment with the nurologist last week i thought to myself theres nothing wrong with you but now the shaking has started im really worried because no one will let me have an mri or ct scan to rule a tumour out i think im going mad
    There are tons of reasons for headaches. A brain tumor is the least likely. Where is the numbness? What do you mean by shaking?

Apr 4, 2009, 09:23 AM

Like sometimes I feel like I'm shaking inside my body and sometimes I shake physically and my 3 fingers go numb
    orvylo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Anxiety and stress can cause a lot of different problems in the body. I think you should assume that you do not have a tumor and just concentrate on getting rid of all of this anxiety and stress. Can you go to a counselor or pastor and talk about what is bothering you?

A lot of studies have shown that regular, vigorous exercise really helps with stress, too.

Apr 4, 2009, 09:41 AM

If it's a tumour though and its not found it could kill me
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 09:58 AM
    if its a tumour though and its not found it could kill me
    Tumors are exceedingly rare. Why do you think it's a tumor? The neurologist has ruled it out.

Apr 4, 2009, 09:59 AM

I don't no its just a fear one morning I woke up and said I've got a brain tumour and then all these symptoms started am I being paranoid because I feel now a panic attack bad
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 10:01 AM

If you had a tumor, there would be many signs of it. The neurologist checked all those signs (it is normal procedure to do so) and determined you don't have symptoms that would demand further tests.

Has your regular doctor or the neurologist suggested that you take anti-anxiety meds for a time?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 10:02 AM
    i dont no its just a fear one morning i woke up and said ive got a brain tumour and then all these symtoms started am i being paranoid cos i feel now a panic attack bad
    Yes, you are being paranoid and are making yourself sick. That's why someone gave you the suggestion to see a counselor to talk about your fears and also to begin to do regular exercise to relieve the stress.

Apr 4, 2009, 10:05 AM

No but I'm going to see him as I can't live like this do you think I should pay for an mri ct scan to put my mind at rest
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 10:11 AM
    no but im going to see him as i can't live like this do you think i should pay for an mri ct scan to put my mind at rest
    If the tests are negative, will your mind then be at rest?

Apr 4, 2009, 10:14 AM

Yes they would but the tests machine might be fautly I've read on the internet about that the machine wasn't working properly and someone died sorry thanks for your help I'm seeing my doctor on Monday to ask to refer me to someone I can talk to as I can't go on like this anymore
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 10:20 AM
    yes they would but the tests machine might be fautly ive read on the internet about that the machine wasnt working properly and someone died sorry thanks for your help im seeing my doctor on monday to ask to refer me to someone i can talk to as i can't go on like this anymore
    Or you might decide, if you have the tests, that your brain tumor is so terrible, the doctor won't scare you by telling you about it. Or they forgot to put the film into the machine, so the pictures are blank and they won't admit they made a mistake. Or there is a cloudy blob on the film but they don't know what it is, but figure it is harmless.

Do you see how you can spin yourself into totally dizziness with your paranoia?

Are you in school or do you live at home?

I have an assignment for you until you can see your doctor on Monday.

Apr 4, 2009, 10:23 AM

I'm at college full time
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 10:29 AM

What stress are you dealing with? -- certain classes? People? Teachers? Dormmates? Homesickness?

Apr 4, 2009, 11:37 AM

Basically worry that I have a brain tumour and thinking I have all of the symptoms of one
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 11:41 AM
    basically worry that i have a brain tumour and thinking i have all of the symtoms of one
    Before you decided it is a tumor -- what stressors do you have?

Apr 4, 2009, 11:49 AM

None really

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panic Attack Questions [ 5 Answers ]

Well, I had my first ever panic attack today and it was truly a frightening experience. Ended up calling an ambulence, they came and gave me oxygen, checked my pulse and told me I was okay- I thought I was having a heart attack. But after they checked me and gave me oxygen, I gradually started to...

We are in panic [ 6 Answers ]

Hi my wife is 21 weeks pregnant and was cramping a bit for the past few days, and of course had diarrhea now she went to the bathroom, looked at her bad and there was a bit of red blood. To be exact 2 lines what does that mean, do we have to go to the emergency room or do we waite till tomorrow...

IT job panic! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm a 21 year old college student with a sudden and stress-inducing predicament. There is a local law firm in need of an IT guy, and seeing as how I am close to some of those in charge, I have been asked to come give it a try. I suppose I'm more computer literate than the...

Panic attack? [ 3 Answers ]

First I need to add that I seem to have a form of social phobia. Ok.. When I go outside which is rare I seem to have these weird feelings.. They are becoming worse and happens almost every time I interact with people. I can't go into details because it's hard to explain but I'll do the best I can....

View more questions Search