Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kentkane45 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 07:34 PM
    21 yo single daughter pregnant and living at Home
    We have a 21 yo daughter that has a GED education works as a casher and is engaged to a 32 yo looser with no job and lives with his grandmother. (Made for TV movie?) Needless to say she still lives at our house with my wife, me and our 16 yo daughter. She has been living at our house for free in hopes that she will save her money get a car and eventually go back to school or move into her own place. We just found out that all of her money was going to the loving boyfriend and is broke. Last week we learned that she had become engaged and is pregnant in that order. She doesn't understand why we are not jumping for joy. Her plan is to have and raise the baby at our house until they save enough money to get a place of there own. Part of me (no most of me) wants to send her to her boyfriends and his grandmother's house. Is raising your grandchildren a new trend? My wife is beside herself and doesn't want raise this child but I know she will want to do what's in the best interest for the baby.

What choice do we have!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2008, 07:40 PM

Okay she is in your house so you tell her that she will start paying you a percentage of her money and then you save it for her or you send her back to the bf's. He is the one getting the money so he can be the one to make sure she has a roof over her head.
    If she wants you to raise the baby tell her that you will if she makes it legal/official through the courts. Yes I know many grandmothers that are raising the grand baby. The mother takes the kid at her convenience because legally it is still hers. Then she decides she doesn't want to be bothered for a weekend, a month, a holiday or whenever so she 'drops' the baby off at grandma's again. Sure it is nice to have the grand baby for a visit but the way they go about it can make the kid confused and then the kid starts calling grandma or everybody mommy.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 08:01 AM

Rules,rules,rules. You must establish rules for her if she is going to continue to live under your roof. If she is unwilling to abide by those rules, then she can go pound sand. One of my girls came home for a short time after her divorce and we had rules for her. Take it or leave it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

19 yr daughter living with sex offender [ 13 Answers ]

My daughter has recently dropped out of college, quit her job and moved from my house to live with a guy she has been dating. I've never met the guy but know that he is 28 yrs old, a registered sex offender, spent 10 yrs in prison for aggravated sodomy, is unemployed, uneducated and lives with some...

Conversion of mobile home to single family home [ 5 Answers ]

In 1995, we bought some land & moved a salvaged mobile home on it. The mobile wasn't permanent meaning we only needed to live in it until we could build our house. We first added onto the mobile a 12x60 section. We then began to tear down the mobile home & eventually added a front section. The...

Who is living with my daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter (4 years old) lives with her mother and I have access four days a month. I live with my partner and her three children. My Ex-Wife has now got a new partner living with her and my daughter and I only found this out as my daughter told me! I have asked her mother about this man and I...

Drama queen daughter almost 21 and single mom [ 2 Answers ]

My almost 21 yr old daughter hasn't changed since she was 13. We now have a beautiful 2+ granddaughter, but her mom (our daughter) is clueless, lazy, selfish and on the verge of homelessness. She has burned most of her bridges with people willing to empower her, including us. I am tired of her...

Living in with my husband`s one night stand daughter [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there... my problem is that... we are a married couple with a young baby ( 1 year old this month) and I had to go to work at nights( 2 weeks after the baby`s birth) in order to support my family. My husband was busy as well, working on the farm, so we got one of our friends to babysit for us...

View more questions Search