Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MayosBetrHaf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 10:19 AM
    DVD Recorder, DVD, TV & Satilite Receiver
    :confused: I'm a dummy so I really need a diagram to fix my problem. Someone hooked it up but it's not right. Everything works but the DVD Recorder. Can someone help me?
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Nov 11, 2008, 11:36 AM

Have you looked in the DVD recorder and TV manuals for diagrams?

Details of the wiring would depend on your goals and the features of your equipment. What combination of antenna, cable TV, and/or satellite receiver you use to obtain your programming? If you are using a rented cable converter is it a digital or analog converter? If you are using a cable converter or a satellite receiver does it have high definition capability? Does the TV have high definition capability? If you have a high definition cable converter or satellite receiver has the provider enabled both the component and HDMI outputs?

With a high definition cable converter or satellite receiver you might be well served to connect a composite, S-Video or RF output to the DVD recorder and a component or HDMI output directly to the corresponding inputs on a HD ready TV.

If you don't have or cannot locate the manuals for your equipment you may be able to find electronic versions on the manufacturer's web sites. Often those manuals have connection diagrams. Check your cable or satellite provider's web site for connection diagrams too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do u/I connect a dvd recorder plus a vcr and a satellite receiver all together? [ 4 Answers ]

Can some one tell me how do u/I connect a DVD recorder plus a VCR and a satellite receiver all together? I also picked up an r f modulator and an s-video cable plus another set of cables one 3prong audio/video thingee and one extra single prong cable for video in/out . So how do I hook all this up...

Hooking up a dvd recorder through a receiver to the TV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sanyo DRW-500 dvd recorder that I am trying to put through my Yamaha HTR-5450 receiver. This I want to use to record things off my TV. I also have a Yamaha DV-C6280 that I use to watch dvd's. This is all going to a Sanyo LCD HDTV. I think I have things hooked up OK. I haven't...

How do I hookup a TV, dvd recorder and digital receiver? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sharp aquos TV, a panasonic dvd recorder/vcr combo drive and a comcast digital receiver. I want to be able to record on the dvd player from the dvr on the digital receiver. >Moved from Forum Help <

DVD recorder set up to record from a DVR-Cable receiver [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to get some help with setting up a DVD recorder to a DVR. The set up we have includes a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-ES25, Onkyo AV Receiver HT-S790, Panasonic TV TH-50PX60U and a Motorola BMC9012 DVR-Cable receiver. Currently set up as cable input to the DVR, with component cables out...

View more questions Search