Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ArmyWoman91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 08:13 PM
    Late Period and Freaking out
    Okay here it is... Me and my Fiancé had unprotected sex on Friday night and Saturday morning... I was supposed to ovulate from the 9th to the 14th this month... but I'm 3 days late and I was supposed to start on the 25th... Could I be pregnant or could it just be late?:confused: please help!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 08:23 PM

Do you mean that you had sex on the 8th and 9th? If you were expecting to ovulate somewhere between the 9th and 14th, then yes, you could be pregnant. Period could just be late too... either try a pregnancy test or give it a few more days to see if your period shows up and test then if need be.
    akshoen Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

May 28, 2009, 08:27 PM

Well you only ovulate for 3 days a month. But if you had sex while you were ovulating, your period is late, and it's usually on time. Then you are probably pregnant.
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 08:30 PM

Actually a woman usually only ovulates one day... the egg is only viable for about 24 hours. She can be fertile for several days however leading up to ovulation... a time when the sperm can stay alive and wait for the egg to be released, otherwise they die off fairly quickly.
    ArmyWoman91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 08:34 PM
    We had sex on the 22nd and 23rd I was supposed t get it on the 25th that's why I'm freaking out
    Uber Member

May 29, 2009, 02:38 AM

It's possible the recent sex threw off your cycle a bit. If you had sex on the 22nd and the 23rd, but you believe you ovulated somewhere between the 9th and 14th, without any sex during that time, or just before it, you could not be pregnant.

Sex right before you are due for a period is one of the least likely times to become pregnant. Possible, (you can have a cycle once in awhile where you ovulate outside of your norm) but not likely.
    akshoen Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

May 29, 2009, 05:48 PM

I went through fertility treatmrnt a year ago. 14 days after the first day of your last period are the days you are fertile.
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by akshoen View Post
    i went through fertility treatmrnt a year ago. 14 days after the first day of your last period are the days you are fertile.

This is true for many women, but not all. Some will naturally ovulate sooner or later than the norm... and occasionally might even have a one off cycle where they ovulate outside of their own norm.

This is why women have to be careful if they are trying to become pregnant not to focus just on those days as they could miss their window even by a few days and that might make all the difference.. . important too if they are trying not to become pregnant and are using natural family planning. It is a good starting place... about 12-16 days before your next period is due regardless of how long your cycle is, but watching for other signs that your body is preparing for ovulation can be helpful for each individual.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My period one month late from privious period and hcg test is negative.why? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all, I missed my periods since 2 months back. That means I had my starting period on 22 feb and from that day now today is 20 April, I have no period. Hcg test is negative. Is there any chance to get pregnant? If any one faced the same problem please share own experience. Before these problem...

Late period turns to a LONG period. What's wrong with me? [ 4 Answers ]

I was 12 days late for my period, which was a very stressful moment for me. I finally got my period on August 10, and I still have it... 14 days and counting. I should also note that my period has been rather light for me. I have been able to get away with light tampons this whole time, and when I...

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

My period was a little late, and my period is not at all normal? [ 2 Answers ]

My period started on January 19th I had unprotected sex at the end of my period. I also had unprotected sex on the 14th day of my menstrual cycle and also a couple of times towards the end. My breast were very sensitive and I had quiet a bit of cramping off and on throughout the beginning of...

My period is freaking out. [ 8 Answers ]

OK... I kind of started my period... there was a little bit of pink in the toilet paper... I usually do that the night or so before I start... but its been over 24 hours and I still haven't started now I don't even have any 'little bit of pink'... what could cause this?? :eek:

View more questions Search