Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cathy2007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Any Helpful Hints
    Ok I have a cople of questions:rolleyes: for anyone that might know. Why is it that every time I do someone's highlights the shade of highlights tends to turn out into a orange ugly yellow color?
    Is it that I might not be using strong enough bleaching powder? I once left a bleaching powder on my friends hair for up to an hour and the shade was still not pass through the orange shade. Is there like a bleaching powder that works really good to achieve a nice blonde shade?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 9, 2007, 04:59 PM
    When bleaching hair, you will need use a peroxide developer with the powdered bleaching agent. I recommend choosing a 20-Volume-Peroxide Developer. Put the developer into a mixing bowl or bottle and add the bleaching agent then mix it until it becomes creamy. Then, apply the bleach mixture to the hair. You will need to bleach the hair to a yellow stage in order to achieve a blonde shade. After bleaching, you can appy the desired color. Hair bleaching is a tricky process and should only be left up to the professionals. If you're planing to do this yourself, be sure to monitor the bleaching process so that you don't over-process your friend's hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any Helpful Hints [ 1 Answers ]

Hi' I have a question, I've been doing my own hair colorings and friends hair for a while now... but my sis in law wants me to retouch her highlights that were done by a previous hair stylist. Should I redoo the whole thing (base color & highlights)? Ans the reason I don't want to just retouch it...

Helpful hints [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to turn 16 in July. How old do you have to be in order to choose what person to live with ? Is there a law or something to help me ? I don't live with either parents I live with a gardian. Im not in foster care or any thing. PLEASE HELP ME:confused: :mad:

Something for the guys... helpful hints... [ 10 Answers ]

This is from a David Deangelo article - lots of guys who come here need this... IS HE RIGHT LADIES>>>>>> "You can't bore a woman into feeling attracted to you..." I realize that this may sound like an obvious statement, but judging by the emails that I get week in and week out, maybe...

View more questions Search