Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaysmithers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 01:45 AM
    Wireless Bluetooth Setup
    Hi,

Help! I am having trouble installing my bluetooth connection to be able to connect with my mobile phone. I have followed the instructions exactly but I keep getting the message below.

[B]Cannot use connection type. Check that all the needed hardware, software and drivers are available.

I am running windows xp and my phone is a Nokia 6131. When I go to the Nokia connection manager there a few options one of which is bluetooth but I cannot tick this box and the configurations tab stays greyed out. The only box I can tick is (serial cable DKU-5, CA-42).

Hope someone can help. Thanks Jenny:confused:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 16, 2007, 01:56 AM
    First question is, Does your computer have a Bluetooth connection ?

It seems from the error message and greyed out boxes that you don't.
    jaysmithers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    First question is, Does your computer have a Bluetooth connection ?

It seems from the error message and greyed out boxes that you don't.

Hi

Yes my computer does have a blue tooth connection. I have bought and installed it.

Thanks Jenny:confused:
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2007, 07:55 PM
    For some reason I seemed to have trouble installing my Blue tooth I kept getting messages saying that it was not connected but once I tried to send a ringtone to my phone is it went to the phone so I was connected all of the time, things are working great now and I have no idea why it did that way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet via bluetooth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I have a motorola v550 with bluetooth+bluetooth dongle+desktop PC Running on winxp. Guys I need to connect to the Internet that I'm using on the v550. Ialso have opera9 loaded on my PC. In idiots terms How do I do it. Thanks Guys

Bluetooth dongle? [ 2 Answers ]

Are bluetooth dongles specific to particular devices or is any dongle compatible with anybluetooth device?

Bluetooth not working [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got a bluetooth but when I insert it in my usb jac it need a driver but my operating system hasn't got the driver for that usb bluetooth . I am running windows xp and I don't have any driver cd with the bluetooth. Please help

View more questions Search