Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaptoyour Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Car is Shaking/Hesitating. Possible bad gas?
    I filled my car up at a wal-mart gas station yesterday and they were selling SUPER unleaded at regular price because they were out of regular. So I filled my car up with that. It drove home fine, and then I drove town for about 15 minutes with no problem. And then all day today I would get a lot of hesitation, especially in low RPMs. It feels fine for awhile and then feels bumpy and hesitant again. Usually it feels a lot like I am shifting in the wrong gear when I am not. Sometimes when I start from a stop it REALLY has a hard time going.

What could my problem be?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 08:31 PM

Try replacing the fuel filter. If problem persists, and platinum spark plugs have 40,000 miles on them, I would replace them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mazda Protégé 2000, Hesitating and stalling [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Mazda Protégé that after driving it for about 10 minutes staedy will start hesitating and when I stop at stop lights it boggs down and will cut off if I don't ride the clutch and gas. I have had it to 3 different mechanics and have had a mass airflow sensor and new air hose put on....

Chevy Caprice Hesitating [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Chevy Caprice and sometimes it 'hesitates' a little,especially on acceleration. Yesterday it did it again after I left the gas station,it's a Sunoco station I visit regularly. Perhaps there was something like water in the gas or something. I had a fuel pump replacement a year or two...

1995 Monte Carlo hesitating and surging [ 2 Answers ]

My 1995 Chevy Monte Carlo is hesitating when I pull out and surging on steady cruise... I have just replaced the head gasket, fuel pump, map sensor, plugs and wires... I can't afford the process of elimination the mechanic is offering... Also, occasionally my dash lights won't work and that...

Honda civic 1999 Hesitating to accelerate. [ 2 Answers ]

My Honda Civic 1999 is having a few issues. All has been running great up until a few days ago. My Engine check light just came on while I was driving but noticed nothing different until I came to a stop where car was idling very low causing car to shake. I brought car home and visually checked all...

1992 hesitating when driving [ 1 Answers ]

I just swapped out a 1.6 to a 1.5 in my Honda civic. I am not getting any codes or any engine light on. The car seems to be running okay and idling good. But when I am driving and switching gears mainly in second gear the car starts hesitating like if I switched in to a higher gear but once it...

View more questions Search