Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 26, 2010, 10:29 AM
    Job Offer
    Hello:

Before I start blasting the right wingers for saying Obama broke the law, could you tell me if he DID break the law?

What he did was offer Sestak a job IF he didn't run against Arlen Specter. I know a LITTLE bit about the law, but I can't see where something wrong happened here. Tell me who got screwed?

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 26, 2010, 06:08 PM

Exie my dear it's a matter of ethics here. It is illegal as all get out as well.

Sestak was offered a "perk" not to run. You can't just hold a government job like the Sec of the Navy under the nose of someone who is unqualified for the pretex of doing someone a favor. How would you have felt about this guy getting a high level job for not doing something? I sure would not have liked him being Sec of the Navy with no credentials or training in that field. Why not hire my dog instead? She probably has more credentials than Sestek has/had for the job.

I hope they roast Bammy's testes real good over this breech of security and illegal giving away of high level government jobs.

Anyway, good ole Arlen shot himself in the foot by changing parties anyway as it turned out.

And now back to you, my dear.
    Uber Member

May 26, 2010, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    I sure would not have liked him being Sec of the Navy with no credentials or training in that field. Why not hire my dog instead? She probably has more credentials than Sestek has/had for the job.
    Hello twink:

Couple things.. If it's against the law, show me the law... Second thing... Sestak spent 31 years in the Navy and retired as a 3 star admiral. That may be more experience than your dog has.

excon
    Uber Member

May 26, 2010, 06:39 PM

Oh, in that case my dog comes in second. As far as the law breaking, I think it comes under the bribe category.
    Uber Member

May 27, 2010, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    As far as the law breaking, I think it comes under the bribe category.
    Hello again, twink:

I don't see a bribe, twinky - not even close... Me thinks your politics are showing...

But, they are talking about IMPEACHMENT, though. So, SOMEBODY thinks that a very big law was broken. Come on legal experts, tell me what it is.

excon
    Uber Member

May 27, 2010, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, twink:

Me thinks your politics are showing...

excon
    Oh my goodness! I thought I had my bloomers on... tsk tsk I'm bad.
    Uber Member

May 27, 2010, 08:27 PM

As far as impeachment is concerned... ain't going to fly Exie. He can't be impeached as he is an illegal alien illegally holding the position of POTUS and you can't impeach someone who should not even be taking up that space in the first place. So I'm thinking impeachment ain't going to happen as it technically can't. Anyway, you can't fix stupid. Ron White's already tried and failed. Obama thinks birds with oil on their wings can fly. Now that's the kind of stupid I'm talking about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I take the job offer? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey you guys! How are you today? Currently I am working for the state as a Temp. I go from office to office every 6-9 months (unless I get extended to stay longer) but I have to find my own permanent job for the state. I have been called to have a interview at this place that is NOT a state...

Job offer [ 3 Answers ]

Okay well in one of my classes I have to do a pretend resume, but with that I need to find a job offer, you know like a written one, a real one that I can print out and put in my binder to say that's what my resume is for. I would like to find a job offer for something to do with animals, mainly a...

About a job offer [ 4 Answers ]

I got a job offer from a company named moon group inc. sounds like a good job, but is this a real company? I'm a little worried just because it's dealing with my personal accounts and don't trust much over the net.:confused:

Job Offer [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get a job online and earning at home?

Only hit it once, new job offer. [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so, I am not a drug user but, one night I got way to drunk to turn anything down, thank god there were people there with me I trusted to watch most of the things I did. Well, I took one hit off a thing called a... one hitter(?) This was in the middle of June (keep in mind) 1st time doing it in...

View more questions Search