Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjcecomc Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2006, 04:03 AM
    Confusion!
    I have been dating my girlfriend about a year now. We have been getting on great... we have just been on our first holiday and we have even started toi talk about marriage. Until last week, when she said she she was confused about her feelings for me. She started by saying she didn't think her feelings for me were that strong, then said she was confused and finished 2 hours later by saying she did have strong feelings for me but still had some doubts about the relationship and marriage. I don't think I've been putting too much pressure on her, but we have been getting a lot of pressure from other people about the marriage thing. Anyway, it seemed sensible for me to offer her some space, which she accepted. We said two weeks space, but she has contacted me after 2 days and she wants to meet up already. Is this sort of thing common in a relationship/is it healthy? At the moment, I'm not even sure she wants to continue with the relationship, buy any advice would be appreciated
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Sep 2, 2006, 11:13 AM
    It sounds like the two of you were doing just fine until someone tried to adjust the speed of it. Then all kinds of stumbling occurred. First of all, tell the other people to lay off with the pressure as that is completely uncalled for. Secondly each person look at what they did and if it was wrong apologise for it. Third and lastly, just go back to the pace you were at with both of you agreeing to let this go. It becomes a lesson learned and that is always a sign of a healthy relationship!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2006, 06:12 PM
    First of all, I'd stick to the 2 weeks you agreed to, at a minimum. If she's having doubts then she needs time to resolve them. Furthermore, if you want this to work then you must make her miss you and realize what she's losing out on. Get on with your life, you're just fine without her. Pursue your interests, spend time with your friends and date other women. When she realizes this it may light a fire under her and erase whatever doubts she's having before she loses you for good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

F1-H1 confusion again! [ 1 Answers ]

IN this website http://www.thetaxguy.com/residency.htm The tax guy says... Dual-Status Aliens Note on page 7 of Publication 519 under Dual-Status Aliens that you could be both a nonresident alien and a resident alien in the same year. That means your tax return becomes more...

Confusion [ 3 Answers ]

I was on the depo shot for 6 years. I got off the shot in January 06. I received my period in 2/06 but this month I haven’t got my period yet. Last month it was over by the 12th. Should I be worried?

Confusion [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend says he misses me and wants to see me but he said he doesn't like me any and we've been friends for over 7 to 8 yrs.. straight and we did go out but it never worked. And I like him a lot... n we've never stopped being friends and I tell him how I feel about him and I don't know what...

View more questions Search