Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    northwestwelder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 04:53 AM
    Rewire older American Standard furnace.
    The man next door had his home heating system updated and saved the old gas furnace to use in his shop. I have helped him run the gas line to the furnace and done all of the venting. It's an older American Standard furnace that's in really good shape with no heat exchanger issues,the motor is fairly new and everything else checks out. The only issue left is when the installers pulled this furnace out they cut the internal wiring loose and the wires are just hanging loose?:confused: There are 3 wires hanging down from the Honeywell limit( red,yellow and black). There are 2 wires coming up from the motor (red and black).The original supply wiring came it through a junction box that is mounted to the sidewall of the furnace. On that box we have a cover that includes a 24 volt transformer with 2 wires running off the back of the transformer( white and black) The gas vale has 2 wire terminals with no wiring attached. I hope I covered it all as I am across the street trying to find help on this site. I have spent hours trying to find a wiring diagram. But have had no luck. I have also called 2 local heating dealers and they can't find anything either. The ser.# is H64H00631, input is 105,000 BTU, The model # is UGF105E1. If anyone can help I have roughly 30 years in the metal trades and welding and would be more than happy to offer whatever help in the future. HELP!! Thanks , Daniel
    nighthawk55756 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 07:05 PM
    I just wired one of these using the wiring digram included with the high limit/fan switch from Honeywell. The 24 volt transformer one wire goes to thermostat one wire from thermostat to gas control and other wire to transformer to complete the circuit.. The wiring diagram is usually on or in the furnace compartment. As always if you don't understand something don't do it. Get help.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2008, 08:27 PM
    Boy those installers sound like they just bought a new set of wire cutters, I will try and help as much as possible, first off is there only two wires going to the fan motor, no white? Second, look in the fan limit switch and see if you can determine what wire goes to the limit side and which wire goes to the fan side of the switch, third, is there a fan relay in the furnace, was there air conditioning on this furnace? Let me know as much as you can and I can help, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American Standard Diverter Stem Stuck [ 16 Answers ]

I have a circa 1965 AS Heritage in the wall 3-handle tub/shower fixture. I believe it's a Hertitage Model "N 1012" or N 1020". The diverter works spoaratically - the water flows to the shower, but then abruptly stops. With the diverter arrow pointing down for the tub water flows just fine. The...

American Standard Shower Valve [ 10 Answers ]

I have a single lever (actually a rotating knob) American Standard valve. It's stuck so that it doesn't allow any hot water (cold is fine) to pass. Last time this happened (that was about a year ago -- this particlar shower doesn't get used much), the plumber removed the face plate, took out a...

Bouncing flapper American Standard toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I have an American Standard one-piece low boy elongated toilet that was installed originally in 1956. About 6 months ago I replaced the flapper. It bounced a little so I glued a penney to it and until recently it has worked fine. Now it bounces ( rapidly ) and keeps the water running as it won't...

Wiring humidifier to American Standard furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have an American Standard freedom 90 comfort R furnace model AUY080R9V3W5 which is a high efficiency 2 stage with dc motor. An Aprilaire 550 humidfier is hooked up to it. The humidifier only comes on if the furnace is on stage 1. It stays off if it kicks into stage 2. The thermostat is a top of...

American Standard - dripping from shower head [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem with water dripping from my shower head. I have American Standard hardware with a single lever knob (shower only, no tub). I installed a new cartridge 023529-0070A but that has not fixed the problem. My house is only 4 years old. I'm not a skilled DIY type but this...

View more questions Search