Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mostat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Moen Bathtub faucet
    My single knob Moen bathtub/shower faucet is 6 years old (new house) and recently, when turned to hot, it shuts off. The only water that comes out is cold. The tub/shower are infrequently used. Any ideas?::confused:

Thanks for any tips.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2007, 07:55 PM
    I would first think that the cartridge is some how clogged and either needs to be cleaned or replaced.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 8, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Once more Letmetellu has answered correctly. Shut the water off to the valve and remove the cartridge. Check and clean the inlet ports and replace if necessary. Before you reassemble turn the water back on for a minute to flush out the supplies otherwise it might clog again. Good luck, Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 8, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Once more Letmetellu has answered correctly. Shut the water off to the valve and remove the cartridge. Check and clean the inlet ports and replace if necessary. Before you reassemble turn the water back on for a minute to flush out the supplies otherwise it might clog again. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MOEN kitchen faucet shuts off by itself [ 5 Answers ]

I have a single handle MOEN kitchen faucet. It was leaking from the base when it was on so I had to replace the cartridge or cylinder or whatever you call it and now the leak is gone and it works great. However, if you pull the handle all the way up to full on in any position it stays on. If you...

Moen faucet diverter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old Moen single lever faucet in my kitchen. About one week ago, it started showing signs of a problem. When I turn it on after it hasn't been used for an hour or two, the water pressure is very low, almost none. If I turn it on and off a few times, then the pressure gets better....

Moen Faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Tom I found the site and registered but I still need my son to reduce the size of the pictures so I can attach them. He took the photo-editing software off my computer. I'll get back to you shortly. Thanks. Mark Ingham

Diverter valve for Moen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need to replace the diverter valve (1225) on the kitchen faucet. Do I need to remove the entire faucet to do this? If so how do I do this? Thanks

Moen Faucet problems [ 3 Answers ]

The Moen faucet in my shower comes away from the wall when the shower is turned to hot and water is diverted through the shower head. How do I fix this problem?

View more questions Search