Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cyndy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Mother cat shaking while nursing newborn kittens
    Our cat just gave birth to 2 kittens last night and is shaking while nursing them. She seems fine otherwise and is eating and drinking. Anyone know if this is normal behavior?
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 5, 2006, 01:03 PM
    She should be fine; you can switch her over slowly to a kitten chow, if in the event she continues to shake I would contact a veterinarian. Giving girth is a stressful experience. Please read Caring for Newborns & the Queen you will find it very helpful. (O:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Newborn kittens [ 2 Answers ]

My female cat gave birth to 4 kittens approximately 5 hours ago and is ignoring them. She goes into the box if someone goes into the room but other than that she seems more concerned with her 4 month old kittens, bathing and mothering them. Any help?

Newborn kittens [ 4 Answers ]

My 9 month old kitten has just had kittens(:eek: ) but she keeps leaving them and wondering around the house everyhour or so is this normal or is she rejecting them although she is still feeding them. And also when can we pick the kittens up and stroke them.

Kittens dry nursing! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I adopted two kittens. They are now about 9 weeks old and they keep sucking on my clothes! It's a little weird and I don't want them to do that to any guests. My friend said that its comforting to them and I should let them do it until they become acclimated and then wean them. But...

Older kittens still nursing! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new, just got started today and I really need some help! My husband and I "adopted" some stray cats, a mom and her five kittens. We have done all of the things we are supposed to do, as far as getting shots, fixed , etc. except we are having one problem.. . These kittens, after having...

Mother cat/newborn kitten question [ 2 Answers ]

Our cat gave birth to 5 kittens 11 days ago. All of them look very healthy and active. We have them in a very large rubber container 4 feet long/2 feet wide/2 feet tall that the mother can easily jump out of when she needs a break. We also have bedding on the bottom. We have fed the mother 2-3...

View more questions Search