Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snowybear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Forclossure People w/Elderly
    Hello,
    My mother (61) and my grandmother (79) both live with my brother (36). The house is in my Brother's name. My father had severe health conditions for many many years, with the last 8 years of his life not being able to work, therefore causing a lot of money trouble and two bankrupcies(1 for my mom, and 1 for my brother). My father died in 2000.
    My mom handles all the financial things because my brother has Dyslexia and its very hard for him to understand. My mom is on disability and my grandmother has SS. None of them have been able to work due to health conditions and severe depression.
    Their house has been in the state of Forclossure for a while, she thinks she has about 30 days to actually leave before they are evicted. They owe a total of about $5,000 on the house.
    I was wondering, after all this, can they legally just throw my mother and brother along with my grandmother, who cannot take care of herself, out on the street? They cannot stay with the rest of my family because they do not have the room. ANY advice would be wonderful! Thank you in advance! :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 26, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Unfortunately they can legally do just that. If they can't pay they can't stay. They should be talking to someone from Social Services to see what can be done for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elderly Mom with CC Debt [ 7 Answers ]

My 70+ mother has racked up a lot of credit card debt. She has no job, no money, no assets. She lives in my home. She owes more for her car than it's worth. I make the payment's for her. She get's a very small amount of SSI monthly. Other family members have advised her to file bk. She has called...

Foreclosure and elderly [ 5 Answers ]

What happens when a bank forecloses on a house? My mom has her house listed for sale but owes more than the asking price. She is elderly and living on a fixed income and I was wondering what would happen if she just doesn't pay her mortgage? How long does the foreclosure take?

Visit the elderly [ 5 Answers ]

How about going going out and doing a visit with some of the senior citizens this week. Many don't get visited over the Holidays, and some never get visited. If you have an elderly aunt or uncle, mom or dad don't forget to give them a call. Just a little of our time can mean so much to...

Elderly parent abuse [ 15 Answers ]

My parents were put in a nursing home by my brothers. They told them it would only be for a short time while they got physical therapy. Neither one qualified for pt but they are still in there nine months later. Now they are weak from not doing much and I am not sure they could live on their own....

Elderly in general [ 2 Answers ]

Who is defined as “the aged” What status are the aged given within the family unit / society in general What authority are the aged given inside the family unit / society in general Is there evidence of discrimination against the elderly

View more questions Search